Classroom Rats, Winner and new babies! *Updated 12-16 *

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH god... I've taken an overdose on cuteness... ahh feel woozy!! I can't even describe how cute they are! Wow, such gorgeous babies, and I'm so glad someone called you to take them in... Mum is a right lady! So pretty too, and I love the really dark ears of the hoodie babies.. they're sooooooooooooooo damn cute!!
Inspiring story, the world of rats needs more people like you.. well, all of us really!

ahahhaa in one of the baby pile pictures, does the little guy on the left have poo smeared on his back!?? HAHA filthy, but disgustingly cute!! hahaha :poop:

Edit: ahaha the same guy is in the penultimate picture too, snoozing blissfully away completely unaware of his poopy passenger!

Oh wow... they are so beautiful. Such darling little innocent faces.
I'm so glad they are with you... I'm so glad they didn't end up in a pet store and god knows what else.

starfoot said:
ahahhaa in one of the baby pile pictures, does the little guy on the left have poo smeared on his back!?? HAHA filthy, but disgustingly cute!! hahaha :poop:

Edit: ahaha the same guy is in the penultimate picture too, snoozing blissfully away completely unaware of his poopy passenger!

LOL Yea I did notice that after I was looking over the pictures! Poor thing I had to peel it off of him to get it off, it was all hard and crusty.

I did get a giggle out of it after you mentioned it. :lol5:

:D Oh my the tiny Momma is beautiful & those babies re the cutest things, bless you sweetie for saving them,,if i lived close I would take some of those darlings, bless you for helping them!

Ok so I was checking out Mommy Crystal, and he tummy is sure getting round again *sigh* But I knew this was going to come.....looks like we'll be getting ready for another round of babies!
***WARNING another poop shot coming!*** lol
IMG_2569.jpg

POOP SHOT!!
IMG_2570.jpg

And now more pictures of babies and mom nursing

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

Baby looks like she is smiling here

IMG_2576.jpg

Bottoms up! I like how mom is bracing herself against the igloo here
IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

Poor mum!! Having more of the babs so soon after this lot... she's going to be completely worn out!.. I absolutely love that bottoms up shot!! haha Bumholio! And no wonder mum's bracing herself with a million fuzzlets clamping on her nips!! so so cute though x

Yea I feel for mom too! I have been giving herr so much extras to suppliment her for the new litter. It amazes me how tiny she is! She sure is a trooper and so sweet to let me pet her and the babies. And the babies are so mellow, I have never had a bunch of babies this calm come thru before. They just sit in your hands and fall asleep!

I am up for some more ideas of what to feed mom as extras though. Any tips?
I have tried:
Tofu
Chicken (big hit)
Cottage cheese (big hit)
Swiss cheese (big hit)
Boc Choy
Fresh baked bread.
Gerber Baby oatmeal (not too much of a hit)
Organic peanut butter dog cookies
Misc other things along with her normal grain mix and lab blocks.

RunzwithRatz said:
Well as promised, here are pic's of the babies with open eyes...

Errr uhmm is the microphone on?

IMG_2520.jpg

Whats this flashy thing?

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

Baby face hug!

IMG_2532.jpg

I hope you enjoy.

Oh God, I just adore the baby face hug picture. That little furmel, with the paw on your face, just turns my heart inside out. :heart: :love6: :rose:

RunzwithRatz said:
Yea I feel for mom too! I have been giving herr so much extras to suppliment her for the new litter. It amazes me how tiny she is! She sure is a trooper and so sweet to let me pet her and the babies. And the babies are so mellow, I have never had a bunch of babies this calm come thru before. They just sit in your hands and fall asleep!

I am up for some more ideas of what to feed mom as extras though. Any tips?
I have tried:
Tofu
Chicken (big hit)
Cottage cheese (big hit)
Swiss cheese (big hit)
Boc Choy
Fresh baked bread.
Gerber Baby oatmeal (not too much of a hit)
Organic peanut butter dog cookies
Misc other things along with her normal grain mix and lab blocks.

I give the boys raw Kale because it is loaded with vitamins (recommendation from Debbie Ducommun). Another recommendation for "young rats" is smoked oysters (1 small oyster once a week). This provides protein and since she is nursing, I am assuming that she would need it!

Attached is the link to the page I have this info from. I have used alot of what is listed for my boys and they are in great shape according to my vet.

http://ratfanclub.org/diet.html

I hope this helps. :) :rose:

When my/SQ's Corrie was nursing, we gave her scrambled eggs and baby cereal with soy milk. She loved both of those!

Banana mash would be good (mashed banana with a bit of well-blended-in peanut butter and some yogurt), so would porridge.

She'll like the food so much, she'll get preganant again! :roll:

Back