Camilla's 15 babies. Day 29 pics pg 24 pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ashana said:
More pictures YAY.....

Too much protein can also cause skin issues, you have probably already checked it but thought it was worth mentioning that if their protein intake is too high it can cause itches etc.

I know that's so for adults is it the same for nursing mothers and babies though? I thought they were supposed to have a lot of protein to keep up their energy?

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
individual pics!!!

i guess someday soon i will be doing a similar thing... :D although i dont know how we'd be able to tell them apart....in time i guess :D

cant wait to see em!

Mothers are needing about 25% protein while for fully grown or healthy rats their protein needs are only approx 15% of their diet. Giving mum too much protein that is not being used could still cause skin upsets if you are overloading her system. I am not sure if it would effect the babies in the same way but it is worth making a note of how much protein approx you are giving per day.

ashana said:
Mothers are needing about 25% protein while for fully grown or healthy rats their protein needs are only approx 15% of their diet. Giving mum too much protein that is not being used could still cause skin upsets if you are overloading her system. I am not sure if it would effect the babies in the same way but it is worth making a note of how much protein approx you are giving per day.

We usually give her some ensure or soy milk each day and sometimes change it up with puppy chow and put olive oil in it. I'll have to check the protein content on them. I think the puppy chow would have a higher protein rate then the ensure and soy milk.

Here are Day 9 pics

I was finally able to get a few shots of them feeding. Camilla isn't hiding them as much so she's trusting us a little more.

Boys

Boy one (reserved for Tamara)

Boy two Velma's boy

Light boys. They all look the same (1 reserved for Tamara)

Girls

Girl one

Girl two

Girl three(reserved for Barbara B)

Girl four(reserved for Jessikah)

Girl five

Light Girls. They all look the same. (1 reserved for Barbara B) (1 reserved for Jessikah)

The ensure and soy milk shouldn't be enough to overdo it but maybe with the puppy chow (would assume high protein) may be just pushing the protein a little higher than she can tolerate.
Our guys and girls here get the soy and ensure almost daily (although normally one or the other) and i have never had an issue. I did however have an issue with rats eating way too may sunflower seeds and causing an overload. No more sunflower in their mixes, they get rationed LOL

Dahlas said:
The do look agouti in the pictures......are they black or brownish?

thats what i thought! but its so hard with lighting and baby pictures - you dont have to tell me that twice! :D

They look black to me here.

Good news two more girls have been adopted! :happydance: So that's 4 confirmed girls and waiting on Anne to confirm if she's getting two girls.
Two boys confirmed. Velma were you adopting that one boy you liked? No pressure was just wanting to know lol

lol Anne yeah we have a friend here named Anne. She said she might take two girls! Just waiting to hear back.

Alrighty Vel. I'm thinking we might be able to find homes. Sherrie was thinking about adopting one or two maybe. I think I might post something on Kijiji and see what kind of responses I get.

I'm uploading Day 10 pics now.

So excited! Have two official adoptions for two girls each and an official adoption for two boys!

Day 10

Boys

Boy one Adopted by Tamara

Boy two

Light boys 1 adopted by Tamara

Girls

Girl one

Girl two

Girl three Adopted by Barb

Girl Four Adopted by Jessikah

Girl five

Light Girls 1 Adopted by Barb and 1 Adopted by Jessikah

Damn every time I see that picture of that little boy #2 I am drawn to him........If no one claims him he will have a home with me.

Do the light ones look PEW or Beige??

Dahlas said:
Damn every time I see that picture of that little boy #2 I am drawn to him........If no one claims him he will have a home with me.

Do the light ones look PEW or Beige??

lol He's the biggest out of all of them I think too.

Umm I dunno if they're going to be PEW or Beige. I can see the white starting to come in on the hoodies but the light kids I still can't tell. Some do have curly whiskers though so It'll be interesting how their fur will be like where Camilla is a poor rex.

Back