Camilla's 15 babies. Day 29 pics pg 24 pics!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

So the rescue PEW girl we took in from Truro was going to go in for an espay when Dahlas got here and would take her back up. We thought we had all the time in the world because from what I understood she was in with her sons for the last two days.

But I'm thinking I didn't hear what I heard right and those two days were quite a while ago because when we weighed her Monday she was 300grams and yesterday was 313-315! Also her belly was VERY noticeably different from Monday. It's more hard and has dropped so she's getting the swallowed an egg look.

So I am predicting that she will have these babies either today or tomorrow. :wallbang:

That sucks a big one. I was really hoping she'd get the espay so we wouldn't have to re-home a litter. She's already had one litter of babies before a few months ago I would say from how old her boys looked. I can also tell she's getting closer to popping because she's biting A LOT more. It's a hard bite to hurt but not enough to make a person bleed.

I emailed the adopter for this girl and told them they'll be waiting 6 weeks before they can have her. So they may wait the time or adopt two other ratties.

So this is Camilla.
DSCF0102.jpg

Her poor tail was bitten off by another rat at the pet store she was rescued from they were going to either kill her for food or just get rid of her so Melody saved her.
DSCF0101.jpg

We'll try and get some belly shots. I think we got one. But she's not very cooperative lol

Please let this be a small litter :panic: :crazzzy: :praying: :crazy2:

I am praying for a small litter....2 boys and 2 girls would be perfect. All 4 different colors.....LOL Trying to make them easier to find homes for.

better for this to happen to us i suppose, than someone who hasnt a clue about rats and rat birth or have access to wonderful friends and support that know what to do. wish we could have gotten the spay, but we thought we had SO MUCH MORE TIME.. oh well.. crossing fingers for a small litter and an easy labor for camilla.

No babies yet but I weighed her again and her weight jumped big time
Feb 1 300grams
Feb 2 313-315 grams
Feb 3 326 grams

Her belly feels a lot bigger too. I would say either tomorrow or friday she'll have them :lol7:

She is a beauty, looks just like my first girl, Alice (R.I.P <3).
My fingers are crossed for a small litter!!

So no babies yet but she has balloned over night and when I feel her tummy I think I can feel babies in there. She's been grooming A LOT as well as making her nest and sleeping a lot.
We gave her some more egg which she really loved and banana. She's doing a lot better with trusting us and hasn't bit us in a few days! So that's great. She really likes when we stroke her head she just lays there and takes it in with her eyes closed.

I think she'll probably have them late today if not extremely early tomorrow morning by the looks of her. Took some pics today I'll get them up in a bit.

Uh Oh, shes going to be a seccond time mommy. I duno about a small litter...last time she had 13 i remember correctly. :?
I tryed to get two of her babies when dazzle was younger but the owner didnt ever contact me back...

Hope she does well, im sure she knows how its done as its the seccond time!

Good luck soon to be momma rat

Yeah I think I remember Melody telling me she had a large litter :gaah: So we'll see lol

So here are some pics.

Feb 2
DSCF0002-2.jpg

DSCF0007-3.jpg

Feb 3
DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

Feb 4 today
DSCF0014-2.jpg

That belly looks pretty big.... :panic:

Back