Calling all crafters, artists - Show off your stuff!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amruiz

What's your talent? I saw a thread like this on another forum and thought it would be cool to share our talents with one another. I looked around for one already started but couldn't find one. (Mods, if there is one that I missed let me know!) If you have something to share: digital art, sewing project, crafts, etc that you do please post it here. :heart:

So I'll start. I don't consider myself a talented sewer, but I have fun with it. I also dabble in web design and digital art. Once I get some examples of those I'll post them up.

For now here's something I literally just finished five minutes ago. A jump tunnel/pocket hammock combo!! On both sides there are pockets, the center is an open tunnel.

165051_1762447978947_1171526184_31967237_921455_n.jpg

My boyfriend just got an ipod and wanted a personalized wallpaper for it. So I drew him an anime girl with the theme of poker suits. I'm guessing she's some sort of magician? Haha. I dunno.

I've also posted other hammocks and things I've made here: http://ratshackforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22529.

I do a few sewing things, cloth diapers and rat related so Ill post some phtots here when I get to a computer! Sadly, I dont think I can draw haha

Ohh! I'm a die-hard crafter, and I always have been. Since I was a kid I would keep little baubles and things with the claim, "I can make a craft with this!" Sometimes it was true, other times it was because it was shiny and pretty (oooooooh).
These days I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades.

I knit like a crazy beast all the time, but I rarely take shots of it (besides, it's all straight lines like scarves and blankets. nothing fancy really). I do have one of Ellie in a half-finished blanket-thing I'm still working on though:
4862802_orig.jpg

Rest in Peace sweet girl.
8833540_orig.jpg

I made each of the girls one of these when they passed too (to wrap them in before we put them in their boxes to bury them).

Small plush crafts are another of my favourites. They're kind of what got me really into the crafty swing. These are a few of them (though not all):
9546841_orig.jpg

The red thing and white kitty were gifts. The rest I made.
9683742_orig.jpg

Sick Cigarette
6441088_orig.jpg

Her name is Pox. She has a big sister named Measles.
4271738_orig.jpg

My pocket monster prototypes! they all have hidden pockets!
1267460_orig.jpg

Aaannnnnnd, Copernicus!

I make rat hammocks and other stuff too; I love sewing. I tend to craft gifts instead of buying them. It gives them a lot more character and shows you put love, thought, time, and effort into it.

I also draw a bit, though it's not one of my foremost hobbies/talents:
6605449_orig.jpg

Little ratty!
This one is semi-nsfw (no naughty bits).
http://exodogphotography.weebly.com/upl ... 8_orig.jpg

I love to write:
5642533_orig.jpg

Story of sorts.
4708626_orig.jpg

Some silly haikus.

And I take pumpkin carving very seriously:
9099023_orig.jpg

I'm also a HUGE photography nerrdddd (and I love it).
My site is under major construction/on hiatus, but feel free to browse the skeleton here:
http://www.exodogphotography.weebly.com

I probably left out some stuff. Like I said, I'm mega-crafty all the time. I will edit with more later if I find anything.

Wow, I can't even draw a circle and look at all the stuff you can do....freaking amazing

Great work - both of you!

I sew hammocks & do a bit of photography. :)

I use to draw and write a lot, but haven't really done those in a LONG time.

waiting_by_m_m_photography-d30bk50.jpg

infinite_by_m_m_photography-d36731u.jpg

I recently made these knitted rats :)

DSCF1220.jpg

DSCF1223.jpg

I do knit other stuff like the obvious hat & scarf and I made quite a few doggie sweaters, gloves etc..

kscanuck785 said:
I recently made these knitted rats :)

DSCF1220.jpg

DSCF1223.jpg

I do knit other stuff like the obvious hat & scarf and I made quite a few doggie sweaters, gloves etc..

I love those. If you don't already have an Etsy account, you should consider it; I'd order one in a heartbeat. Those are too cute.

My animals provide never-ending inspiration. I like playing with a variety of styles, from more serious, realistic portrait type things to more whimsical, cartoonish things. Wish I had more time for drawing tho :/

I did this pic of my sweet little Maserati this weekend. He's such a cutie, if I don't say so myself.
P1170022.jpg

A doodle of my kittens, Jersey and Pasha.
pgmabdaypic.jpg

My dearly departed beta Ares Arbourler Splenden.
pares.jpg

My childhood friend Ray the cat.
cpgerauld.jpg

And my first boys, Barnaby and Disashi (cross-posted.)
sketchbj_ishi.jpg

And our sweet, simple little boys Pasha again
cppashaillus.jpg

I play with glass - cold, warm and hot.
I just upgraded some equipment and am experimenting with marbles. I also made several marbles for Christmas presents.

A clear marble:
ClearMarble_1_1.jpg

This is a vortex marble:
VortexMarble_1_1.jpg

An experiment that turned into a planetary system:
Planetarymarble_1_1.jpg

And a paperweight implosion (it has a flat bottom):
P1000809.jpg

Fun with hot glass!

You guys are very talented. I always wished I could draw, but my brother got that talent...

Those are all so neat Joanne. Especially like the vortex one. I've always wished I could get into something like that, anything...pottery, glass making, sculpting...anything 3 dimensional would be a lot of fun.

I just started to learn how to knit. This is my first completed project....it was supossed to be a knitted version of a balloon animal....
Can you guess what kind of animal it was meant to be? I think I need to try it again and I am starting another one tonight.

Lots of talent on this forum! Love some of the ideas here. I had never thought of knitting something to bury ratties in, although I had thought of getting one of the hammock makers to create a little shroud.

My drawing never got past stick people, so I am very impressed by the talent here. And I love the glass marbles.

:thumbsup: you talented people!

Love all the work here so far!
For me my main passion is drawing and painting, but I also love photography and sculpture and such, although I don't do those much.
Here are a few pieces by me! ^_^

This is just a random dude that was one of the photos we could choose to draw in my drawing class in University a few years back.
FullCharcoalGuy.jpg

This is obviously unfinished, but it was just an exercise in class for working on using lighter/darker lines in a piece.
Flower.jpg

This is a cougar, also from class.
Cougar.jpg

Annnnd this is just one of my tattoo designs I drew for myself, not finished, lol.
BonsaiTree001.jpg

I tend to be the type of artist where if I'm drawing on my own time and I don't finish a piece in one session I most likely won't finish it at all. :p

Joanne said:
I play with glass - cold, warm and hot.
I just upgraded some equipment and am experimenting with marbles. I also made several marbles for Christmas presents.

A clear marble:
ClearMarble_1_1.jpg

This is a vortex marble:
VortexMarble_1_1.jpg

An experiment that turned into a planetary system:
Planetarymarble_1_1.jpg

And a paperweight implosion (it has a flat bottom):
P1000809.jpg

Fun with hot glass!

You guys are very talented. I always wished I could draw, but my brother got that talent...
WOW!!!

I;ve always been SUPER facinated with marbles and paperweight like this...I will have to order something...anywhere I can look up your work?! :)

Back