Bianca and Bernie are up for adoption-ADOPTED!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry Lyndsy, but I have to laugh, only because I just went through the same experience! Here are some pictures of Minnie leading up to her litter:

This is when we brought her home Dec. 16:

On Dec. 21 when we were suspecting she was preggers:

And very early on the 24th, the day she had her little ones:

The advice I got on the thread I created was very helpful... I've been a bit of a hermit the past few days and I haven't updated it but I will soon, I promise. I hope she's not, but if she is baby mice are impossibly cute. When my husband told me he was bringing home a mouse I was less than thrilled but I am in love with them all... I even asked my vet about neutering the boys so I can keep them all!

Thanks Victoria!
The first pic you posted is what I see when I have out on me and she stretches out a bit. like lovehandles on both sides...
I'm hoping too she's just gaining weight, and isn't preggers....
only time will tell, lol

Just in case make sure she has nice, comfy nesting material (Minnie loved facial tissue) and that she has some extra protein and calcium. I know it's not the best for her if she's a little overweight already, but you'll know within a week or so.

I have an idea :laugh4: ... when did you first begin suspecting? It was 6 1/2 days from the time I noticed Minnie's belly (at first I thought it was a tumor, phew!) 'til she gave birth. All kidding aside though, with the amount mice eat (relative to their body weight) I would not be surprised if their weight varies by that much from day to day. I think only time's going to determine this one.

Um, you fed her more. That's why she's heavier. :giggle:

Man, mice weigh a lot huh?

If she's preggie she go all golfball by the end of the month if not you're in the clear, there's not much you can do but wait, as e-spays would be way too risky on these lil' goobers

Back