Beta is Bursting! 13 Days Old - Pics! page 14!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I've been hand feeding every two hours, and I haven't slept in two days. I'm rather exhausted.

There's two babies still alive...

oh no... what a terrible situation. I hope things will work out soon so you can get some much-needed rest. hang in there bubs!

So now I'm beyond confused... As the babies died, I would put them back in the nest, to offer her closure. They would be gray, not moving, not breathing, nothing.

So I go to check on her nest, to see if she's... um... taken care of them. And there's three living babies there?

I don't understand.

They were dead. Now they're not. She MUST be nursing them? They still don't have milk bellies though.

:hugs:

It is odd :? . She hasn't completely abandoned them it seems, but she's not consistently caring for them either :sad3: . You really have done all you can, it's up to Beta and her babies now. :hugs:

She's nursing, not much, but nursing. I've fed them myself twice tonight.

They're a bit warmer. Not a lot. I'm exhausted. I'm going on three nights without sleep now.

Megan and Amanda were here tonight, I really needed that, it was a nice "break", thanks guys :hugs:

The five are still alive, for now.

Yowza, that's a rough bunch you have there. Let's hope the 5 remaining ones pull through... back to back litters are really hard on such a tiny thing...

Fed them once more last night. Got a couple hours sleep.

One more must have passed away as I slept, because there are only 4 now.

She seems... blah. "Fine... I guess I'll nurse them. If I have to."

Even when I give her yummy foods - Ensure, scrambled egs, etc. - it's "Okay, I'll eat it. Thanks, I guess."

That's the vibe I get from her. I'm trying to give her lots of extra lovin'.

Back