Beta is Bursting! 13 Days Old - Pics! page 14!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxchelle

So, about two weeks ago, smilez_n_hugs and I did a rescue from Oakville. There were 7 rats - an adult male, an adult female, and five adorable babies.

The male (Alpha) is now happily living with Sketchi, and the babies are up for adoption. We didn't think Beta was pregnant again, since she was so little when we got her:

DSC_8370.jpg

However... In the past two days she's just BALLOONED up. She's absolutely MASSIVE.

DSC_8949.jpg

DSC_8940.jpg

DSC_8952.jpg

Megan (Avatar) and Amanda (smilez_n_hugs) came over tonight at around 7:30, and we waited with bated breath to hear squeaks... but nothing came! She's still pregnant, growing by the minute, and we suspect she will give birth tomorrow (FH had bets on before 9:00 PM tonight, Megan thought before midnight...).

SO! I'm taking bets! How many babies does everyone think? And what sexes? She's larger than Trapper, and Trapper had 11 babies. But they could be larger babies.

I'll keep everyone updated!

Not really, some rats gain more than others...but seeing an approx of how much she gained...for eg. 80 grams would be a smaller litter, 110 grams would be larger overall :D

Can I play !

10 babies...
6 boys and 4 girls

Now I must warn you... I only make bets that I know I will win... or that I believe I can talk my way out of being wrong (which since I have only had rats in my life for about 2 days, I plan to play the rookie card if that happens...)

oh wow you rescued these guys from oakville? hahahahaha if I'd known sooner--
I'm gonna guess 8 babies, 4 girls 4 boys. :)

are they really almost-one-year-old adults? how do you tell? milky (alpha) and beta are soooo tiny! @_@ makes my teenage boys look like giants!

Ok I am going to try this lol.. My Morticia was huge and I was so sure she had atleast 20, well she didnt she had 11.. so here goes...

I would say 12... 5 girls and 7 boys

Question?? I know all about cats and birthing/breeding.. Now do rodents have the same case where each pregnancy they gain more kits? Cats can have 2 kittens the first pregnancy, and more guarenteed the next.. Thiers grows with each pregnancy.

Back