Beta is Bursting! 13 Days Old - Pics! page 14!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm Im going to guess 8 little babies and.... 6 girlies and 2 boys. Just so you dont have to many boys in the house.

Going by just how huge her belly is (I got to see it in person) I would have to say 14 , 8 girls and 6 boys and if she hasnt had them already I think it will be before tonight.

sprite71 said:
Question?? I know all about cats and birthing/breeding.. Now do rodents have the same case where each pregnancy they gain more kits? Cats can have 2 kittens the first pregnancy, and more guarenteed the next.. Thiers grows with each pregnancy.

i wondered that too

lilspaz68 said:
xxchelle said:
And so it begins! 1 baby so far... she looks uncomfortable, poor thing.

resigned but uncomfortable? The first one was born with no issues?

No issues :) I think it's a mix of uncomfort - due to the fact she's, ya know, birthing, and relief - getting that big belly out of the way!

She had three, but the gray one died. So there's still two. They're nice and pink, but they're cool so I heated up a beanbag and wrapped it in fleece, and put it in the cage.

sprite71 said:
Question?? I know all about cats and birthing/breeding.. Now do rodents have the same case where each pregnancy they gain more kits? Cats can have 2 kittens the first pregnancy, and more guarenteed the next.. Thiers grows with each pregnancy.

Strange... I had a kitty from birth and her first litter was 5 big healthy kittens...and she was sooo tiny it was sad really...she had just started her first heat when I took her to get spayed and Vet could not do it...we were moving and someone let her out accidentally...and she had 5 babies...I had another cat growing up and she had a few litters and it was 3 every time.
The farm barn cats also were pretty consistent 3-4 each litter...hhhmmmm...

Back