Beta is Bursting! 13 Days Old - Pics! page 14!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first read through for me - how sad for the 8 bubs who didn't make it. Hopefully the last 4 do OK. What a rollercoaster ride for you. You've done the best you could, so the rest is up to mother nature...
I would suggest using a hot water bottle for longer warmth. I find it stays warm for several hours, especially if it's wrapped, which it should be to protect the animals. I used to hang it on the outside of the cage so that the heat would radiate in, but not be too hot or that the ratties couldn't get away from it if necessary.
Here's hoping mom has settled down and can handle her smaller family...

When I was at Chelle's last night there were 4 babies but Beta still isnt doing her job....we had to take them out to warm them up and feed them :( so I guess Beta's mothly instincts havent kicked in yet.

Some updated pictures of the 13-day-old lovelies.

The boys:
Kore
DSC_9193.jpg

Callisto
DSC_9223.jpg

The Girls:
Europa
DSC_9207.jpg

Leda
DSC_9209.jpg

lindsayfawn said:
aww they are sooo cute! Such neat markings on the 2nd boy. That first picture I just want to kiss his nose lol

Kore has such a chubby little face, eh? I love it! :heart:

Callisto's markings are amazingly wonderful. I love their coloring too. Beautiful minks.

They really truly look good Chelle...they don't look like handraised babies at all, like they have a doting ratty mom, not just an exhausted human one. :thumbup:

Back