Bad or good idea?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Marco is back to humping. That's good. It means he's more comfortable and yes, good stop that too.
Bobo and Marco react very well with the hand over them. Most rats will squeal and freak out when you do that. That tells me your boys are sweeties.
At 7:55, Bobo is doing happy hops, popcorning. He's happy!
Next time, when there's a lunge towards Marco, put your hand like as if you are going to do a karate chop between the two of them so pretty much like a wall. See what they do with that.
Overall... really good.
lol @ ziggy the spider man.

SO Marco didn't do any humping today idk if that good or bad he was alil more on guard but not too much that he wouldn't take treats or enjoy the baby food lol and Bobo did really good I didn't have to do any holding down and I only had to do one karate chop in which Bobo immediately turned around and walked the other way when I did it. Honestly Bobo didn't do much of anything today he was happy alil bit but all he really did was eat peas and ignore the other two lol tho Marco did almost teach Bobo how to jump out of the tub like I don't have enough hard enough time trying to keep the youngsters in the tub lol but I scratched him behind the ears to show him he was okay and he walked away and went back to the peas. Also to the vid gf helped me today so I could be more on top of them and she accidentally hit the stop recording button and didn't realize til about a minute later so there is a break between vids Ziggy is also still scared I tried to pet him to see if he would get more comfortable. I do the lap time with him and BoBo and he does fine but hasn't really warmed upto the bathtub intros yet
First part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atURqkX4E3I
Second part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqbezaJxcaE

They say that it takes a rat about 20 minutes to forget why they were scared in the first place. And that's exactly what Ziggy just showed us. It took him about that long to start moving about, even if it's jumping out of the tub, at least he moved! These intros are getting better and better. I'm so glad you now have the gf doing this with you. It's so much more fun when your partner is with you.
You're doing a great job!

Yeah I blackmailed her lol I told her if she didn't let me go through with these intros I was gonna go get that female I saw on Craigslist then we could have LOTS of ratties ( not that I would of minded having a bunch) but she quickly agreed since none of them are getting hurt so should I move to the play area soon? Or add some toys that smells like both of em or just keep up the bathtub intros and just do them for longer them 30 min? I was really happy about today there was a couple of times it looked like Bobo and Marco were going to play box :) for a couple of seconds

Okay after the three days of hour intros and it all goes well and I move to the play area my play are is floor and room in which their cages are in should I remove them from the room ? As well as all the toys?

All three usually play there at separate times? If so, then lets leave the toys there, but no access to cages, be sure to close the doors.

:dance: O.M.G. Today went Amazing!! Marco was still annoying with his hyper self but him and Bobo pretty much just peeled frozen peas and ate the whole time even Ziggy ate a yogie and some baby food it only took about 5 min for him to stop being scared and move aground no aggression Bobo did alil off stance between Marco twice but nothing much but once all the peas were gone Bobo settled down in the corner and fell asleep :D where between Ziggy and Marcos made up game on how much they could jump out of the tub UGH lol they would go back to Bobo and check on him Marco tried to nip at his face alil which Bobo just turned around and went back to sleep but Ziggy went over to Bobo crawled all over him and was rubbing his sides against Bobo he even almost cuddled... Almost he laid down next to Bobo real close and Bobo raised his head and sniffed him really gently all over and went back to sleep and after I stopped recording after about an hour and 15 minutes (I really wanted them to cuddle but Bobo finally woke up ) Ziggy started grooming Bobo and I missed it on the recording Dang! Tho Bobo allowed to be groomed he did fear poop when Ziggy did that. Is that due to him not use to it since its been so long? Lol the video was really long and will take about 5 hours to upload on YouTube. I can upload it if you want to see tho most of it was uneventful of pea peelings alil of fear poop and and two rascal of rats jumping out of the tub constantly between the play boxing Marco and Ziggy tryingto stop the other one from jumping out :p

That sounds awesome. I doubt that Bobo fear pooped because of Ziggy, he probably just had to go poop. lol Bobo is alpha, Ziggy knows this and that's why he went to him because he has no fear. Rats will huddle with the one who's brave, kind of like to soak up that good energy.
I wouldn't mind getting the link to the video, since it's already uploaded, I'll skim through the boring stuff. lol

Kk I will have to start uploading I will have it up by tonight
And thanks Jorats vid got cut off about 30 min in so I will just upload the last part

Thanks for doing this....I'm going to use it as a guideline when I start intros, probably next week if the tiny guys are big enough.

The intros ? Lol Jorats is doing most of the work I'm just following instructions and recording but you know it's actually starting to get really fun now that they are all starting to get along :)

Man sorry took so long to post this it took forever to upload idk why but here is the vid. Also yesterday I had Marco and Ziggy out playing out side the cage and they were romping around and Bobo came up to the bars and and started squeaking out to them almost like he was whining he has never done that towards them before I hope it's a good sign even tho it sounded a lot like the squeak he does when I pick him up and he knows he is going back in his cage except towards them he kept a squeaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpuhFO_IK8

OMG OMG :dance: Today was a-MAZE-ing!!!! They cuddled they groomed they ate and the little ones played on top of Bobos head lol idk how he stays so patient. But it's official Bobo is the alpha lol. I broke the video into two parts on 30 minutes to see if it was sorter vids if they'd download faster :) but today was AWESOME!! :dance: I'm starting the uploads now :D

Ace8670 said:
Man sorry took so long to post this it took forever to upload idk why but here is the vid. Also yesterday I had Marco and Ziggy out playing out side the cage and they were romping around and Bobo came up to the bars and and started squeaking out to them almost like he was whining he has never done that towards them before I hope it's a good sign even tho it sounded a lot like the squeak he does when I pick him up and he knows he is going back in his cage except towards them he kept a squeaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpuhFO_IK8

In this video, you can clearly see that Ziggy is alpha over Marco, or at least he really wants to be. Marco is unstable and you see Ziggy go over to him many times to try and settle him. Very interesting!
The progress is amazing,

Ace8670 said:
OMG OMG :dance: Today was a-MAZE-ing!!!! They cuddled they groomed they ate and the little ones played on top of Bobos head lol idk how he stays so patient. But it's official Bobo is the alpha lol. I broke the video into two parts on 30 minutes to see if it was sorter vids if they'd download faster :) but today was AWESOME!! :dance: I'm starting the uploads now :D

That is awesome!

The second vid... sweet!! At the beginning, Marco kept grooming Bobo. And then they sandwiched him. :heart:
Marco was a happy boy, even engaging Ziggy to play. He's feeling much happier. Awesome!

Hey should I keep with the intros? Or should I stop and wait until my new girl is spayed and just try to I intro her with Bobo? I never had a female before will they fight over her? I honestly wouldn't mind putting them all together if its possible.

I would continue the intros for sure. They are doing so well, the young boys love their big daddy. Eventually, once Dixie is spayed, you can start intros with her and the boys.

Back