Bad or good idea?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok... so Bobo keeps reminding Marco that he's the boss. Marco is not happy about the whole situation. He might feel a lot better when his brother joins up.
When you see Bobo make like he did at 7:44, put you hand over him, and gently press down, kind of like you are giving him a full body hug. Don't let him wiggle is way out. Release him after a couple of seconds. Do that each time he heads for Marco like he did.

No yogies after his lunges.

ETA: but give him yogis when he goes near Marco, but chooses to go elsewhere. That will teach him that moving away from Marco is a good thing.

Okay sweet I will give it a shot tomorrow just been having an issue about him being interested in treats during intro but I will give it a shot thank you again Jorats for helping me so much with this :)

You are very welcome. Rat behaviour is a great interest of mine. I learn each time people show me their intros. It's fun!
Have you tried cheerios? Mine love it as a treat.

Yeah I have but Bobos all time favorite is frozen peas he just isn't very interested in eating when I add them together

Ace8670 said:
Yeah I have but Bobos all time favorite is frozen peas he just isn't very interested in eating when I add them together
At some point he will. Once he becomes accustomed to the routine of the intro, he will start to feel better about it.

Woot! I found a vet and she deals with over many a year and she is just a purely rodent vet she specializes in mostly ferrets and rats :) made an appointment for Bobo for just an exam cross your fingers I have a really good feeling about this vet a lot of people told me shes really good :D

Sorry this is posted so late here is today's vid I was swamped at work and didn't have time to post it before I left also Bobo pushed Ziggy down to do a force grooming and he ripped off a tuff of hair on his back should I be worried about this? On a whole I think Bobo did really well I gave yogie to Marco to show him staying in the tub was a good thing as well but Bobo stole the first one lol also gf helped record today so I'd have more hands free and besides the tuff of hair being pulled off Ziggy she is warming up to the idea ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DEJcRurxQY

That's great about the vet!!

Marco is in a better mood now that Ziggy is there. Looks like the intro went well. How long are they lasting?
The tuft of hair pulled out, probably was due to Bobo wanting to groom ad Ziggy darting away. That happens a lot.

I've only been doing them for 10 minutes should I start doing them longer? Ziggy just seemed upset the way he kept belly crawling everywhere so I didn't want to over stress him

I've only been doing them for 10 minutes should I start doing them longer? Ziggy just seemed upset the way he kept belly crawling everywhere so I didn't want to over stress him

Sorry for the double post and also I've been reading a lot of people for taking their rats for a car ride to warmthem upto each other is this a good idea? Bobo goes with me to the pet stores to get more supplies so it wouldn't be that much harder to bring the other two along. Bobo isn't a huge fan of the car but I think he likes going he stays on my shoulder all excited when I pull out his harness too :/

The idea of the car ride is so they all together in a carrier going to a scary place so if Bobo is not scared of car rides, it might not help. But worth a try. I would only do it once their intros are longer like at least 30 minutes.

Okay idk what happened today but Bobo really got Ziggy good I tried to hold Bobo down when he rushed Marco and they actually ate side by side it's almost like Bobo doesn't have any problem with Marco really but with Ziggy he is almost mean he bite Ziggy so hard he now has a bite mark on a foot and his back and Bobo drew blood. They aren't serious wounds but he nipped abit of the padding off of one of Ziggys feet. I don't understand because Ziggy is being fully submissive why would Bobo have any reason to attack him that hard? Should I stop the intros with Ziggy? Or maybe it's something I'm not doing correctly but Ziggy is scared to death during these intros he is even getting the porph "nosebleeds" idk maybe it's me I'm just concerned with Bobo biting Ziggy that hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efyn-DITgBQ

Ok, so that wasn't so bad. It's too bad that Ziggy got hurt but Bobo didn't mean to be that. He wanted to either flip Ziggy or mount him to show him who's boss, Zigs got hurt in the process. I'm going to need you to use your hand like a rat. When Bobo goes to run after one of the boys, put your hand up like a wall, don't grab Bobo. Make a wall and then gently but very firmly, push Bobo away mainly on his butt. Rats will bum rush other rats to show who's boss, you will do the same but with your hand. And when you go to put your hand over him, you need to be more forceful, your fingers will need to be just over his head and you do a push downward. That would mimic a rat mounting him and forcing him to submit. If you can in between intros, grab Bobo and Ziggy and have them both sitting on your lap, every once in a while. Same with Bobo and Marco. That way, there will be more exposure to each other.

Sorry that I'm posting yesterday's intro so late I was uploading the video last Night and fell asleep I did it for about 30 minutes it got alil scruffy towards the end but not too bad I tried the hand thing and idk if I did it right but I did video it so you could see what I was doing incase I was doing it incorrectly I also tried to do it to Marco for trying Dominate is that good? Or should I just leave the two to work it out? All in all the I think Bobo was really good yesterday he just wanted to eat the peas which are his favorite which I'm glad he is comfortable enough to eat now and Marco ate some baby food too. I had to end it tho it got too hectic Marco taught Ziggy how to jump out of the tub so I had Marco humping Bobo, Ziggy doing Spider-Man up my arm and when I put him back in the tub Marco would hump him thus the process kept repeating lol and no gf yesterday to help with the recording so sorry about how shaky it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWOp1q30B_k

Back