Account of a Rescue and Her Litter! Day 25 pics & vid NE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are gorgeous!!! I could just kiss them all. Wish I could feed them banana mash from my fingers and then slip one or two of those sweeties into my pocket when mama wasn't looking!!!

Jack Sparrow said:
Why did I look at these? Now I want to have another litter...

You need to consider having another litter Jack. I am still in love with little Parlay. :love6: :rose:

You are an amazing guy. The way your babies turned out says everything. :)

Sorry I have been slacking on the photo updates folks but the babies were at a stage where they were not changing much combined with the fact that I have been super busy the past few days. In any event today was a big day for the babies. They are starting to open their eyes!!! Happy two week birthday babies and welcome to your first views of the world. I also took a video of them today as well. I will probably be doing more and more videos and fewer pics as they get more mobile. Babies are the hardest creatures to photographe right next to zoomy hyper females. They are super sweet and I think I have come up with some cute names too. Now I just need to figure out who to assign them to. Want to help? Just as a reminder the two boys are Agouti Berks and the rest are all girls.

Girl names: Maisey, Flora, Vixey, Sasafras, and Motzi
Boy names: Iggi & Brodie

What do you think? Cute names or should I change them?

DSCN1775.jpg

DSCN1776.jpg

DSCN1777.jpg

DSCN1778.jpg

Staci

I love the names! Especially Maisey - my dog's mum's name, hehe.

That shade of Agouti is lovely. A nice warm colour.

I took these photos yesterday when they were 16 days old. There are a couple of videos too. They are starting to get a bit mobile and momma doesn't like them not staying in the nest very well. These babies are very mouthy. They are biting me which I know is just them trying to experience the world but I have never experienced that before with babies.

I is cold and sweepy
DSCN1782.jpg

Oh being a baby is hard work
DSCN1785.jpg

All this cleaning we have to do all the time
DSCN1791.jpg

I take a nap instead
DSCN1790.jpg

Love Personified
DSCN1788.jpg

Doing my best fuzzy Caterpillar impression
DSCN1789.jpg

OK in this video I was trying to be quiet and hubby walks in spouting profanities (only one bad word) so be warned...I apologize LOL I also had to keep backing away as momma kept warning me to get out of her cage and stop messing with her babies.

I am so sorry that I have been slacking on the updates and photos. I have no excuse that any of you will accept as a valid one. So you can all beat me later. LOL

The babies are 25 days old! Can you believe it. Wow how time flies. Momma has no let up on her protectiveness one single bit. However, I do find her sleeping more and more outside of the nest as these leaches will drag her down if they could. She definitely nurses on her schedule that is for sure. You can still find momma running around the cage and grabbing babies by the scruff and hauling them up to the nest. She is very scolding too if anyone tries to leave once they do get placed into the nest. Everyone then gets a thourough cleaning and finally dinner time. They all squeak and eep in protest of being cleaned. Babies don't like baths you know.

So on with the pictures:

DSCN1794.jpg

DSCN1795.jpg

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1797.jpg

DSCN1798.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

DSCN1802.jpg

DSCN1803.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg

And a new video too!

Oh my, are they ever growing up fast!! And so very, very cute, too! I have to say, though, may favorite is the little black Berk ^_^

Back