Account of a Rescue and Her Litter! Day 25 pics & vid NE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they are official one day old! Everyone still has full white milk bellies. These babies are not nearly as noisy as I remember eepers to be. Maybe it is because they are still so young or maybe it is because there is only 7 of them and my last litter that I raised was almost twice that many?

DSCN1685.jpg

Awww wookit all da pinkie rat tooshies....

DSCN1686.jpg

DSCN1688.jpg

DSCN1689.jpg

And of course we couldn't have rat babies without the obligatory Bud with Babies picture. For those who are familiar with my clan and Bud and my last litter they understand. Those who are new to this let me explain...My English Pointer Bud is the gentlest dog ever and he would never hurt a fly. He adores his rats and they are definitely HIS rats. So any time a litter of babies comes along he has to be right there paying attention to everything that is going on and making sure that I am doing it right. He takes very good care of his babies. I do not encourage ANYONE trying this with any other dog. Bud is a very special dog and the only dog I would ever trust to do this with. So without further ado..BUD!!!

DSCN1690.jpg

Momma is now back in her nursery with her babies. She is busy lapping away at the Chocolate Soy Milk treat she is getting tonight!

Staci

Day Two and the markings are starting to show up! In her last litter of 9 Thumbelina only had one single lone hoodie baby. The rest were Agouti selfs and berks with a couple of black berks thrown in.

DSCN1691.jpg

The THREE!!! Hoddies in this litter!

DSCN1692.jpg

The four solids be it agouti or black we will see!

DSCN1693.jpg

And the pile of cuties

DSCN1695.jpg

Oh and we can't leave out a few cute pics of Daddy Beasley!

DSCN1650.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg

jorats said:
Beautiful dad.. and well endowed too. :wink:

HAHAHA!! He is quite the looker! And jo's right! He's *WELL* endowed!!

The babies are looking great! It's so cool that the markings are visible already on day two!

Hey all! I am so sorry for flaking out on you all last night and not getting you your day three photos. But I had a bit of a rattie situation on my hands with a few of my naughty boys who decided to take chunks out of each others tails. They will be fine but I had to take care of them.

In any event here are your day four photos. The nursery got a total cage clean tonight as it was getting a tad funky. Momma was a tad huffy and did not approve of my nest building skills in the clean cage so she has set about doing it the proper way.

I did come up with a cool way to keep the babies warm while I had them out of the cage away from momma while I cleaned the cage. I microwaved some water till just a tad warmer than room temp. I then poured it into a zip lock bag and laid a blankie over the top of that. I made a mini rattie waterbed! Weeee!!!!!

Ok so the pics

DSCN1711.jpg

DSCN1712.jpg

DSCN1713.jpg

DSCN1714.jpg

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1716.jpg

DSCN1717.jpg

DSCN1718.jpg

DSCN1719.jpg

Back