A lesson learned the hard way baby picture heavy day 30 up

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The babies wanted out again and so did a few of the big kids. They sure love the big kids!

These two are the girls our friend is adopting. They like to cuddle with me especially the standard ear girl.
DSCF0001-4.jpg

Monte groomin one of the kids
DSCF0016-5.jpg

DSCF0021-5.jpg

DSCF0020-6.jpg

One of Velma's boys. He loves his aunt Emily.
DSCF0013-6.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

Tiberious doesn't mind the kids but he doesn't go out of his way to be with them lol
DSCF0028-3.jpg

DSCF0029-4.jpg

The babies love their Emily
DSCF0035-3.jpg

It's pretty amazing that she gets along with the babies. She's the alpha and usually bosses around any new kids. She's VERY tolerant with them. It could be though she's not feeling good, her stupid tumor came back :( poor old girl.
DSCF0036-2.jpg

Ezri and Emily
ezriandemily.jpg

I would think that the younger the babies are, the more tolerant the adult would be. When they're teenagers you need to put them in their place much more often! :giggle:

I'm surprised the babies don't get put in their place because they do jump on top of the adults backs and even pull at their tails lol but The big kids just brush it off

Here's a video

lindsayfawn said:
Day 1- 12 babies that lived
DSCF0002-9.jpg

Day 2- 2 babies died during the night. Hermione feeding the kids
DSCF0015-9.jpg

Day 2
DSCF0011-4.jpg

Day 3
DSCF0016-8.jpg

Day 3
DSCF0002-10.jpg

Day 4
DSCF0010-4.jpg

Day 4- The girls
5girls.jpg

Day 4- The boys
5boys.jpg

Day 5- two more babies died a girl and boy each
DSCF0032-2.jpg

Day 5
DSCF0025-2.jpg

Day 5
8babies4girls4boys.jpg

Day 6- The girls
meholdingthegirls.jpg

Day 6- The boys
meholdintheboys.jpg

Day 6
kidsmovingaround.jpg

Day 7- The girls
girls.jpg

Day 7- The boys
boys-2.jpg

Day 7- Hermione taking some time away from the kids.
Hermionetakingsomemetime.jpg

Day 7
DSCF0005-8.jpg

Day 8
DSCF0025-3.jpg

Day 8
DSCF0023-2.jpg

Day 8- Hermione is a good mom
DSCF0001-7.jpg

Day 9- Girl 1
girlfour.jpg

Day 9- Girl 2
girl3.jpg

Day 9- Girl 3
girl2.jpg

Day 9- Girl 4
girl1one.jpg

Day 9- Boy 1
boy4.jpg

Day 9- Boy 2
boy3.jpg

Day 9- Boy 3
boy2.jpg

Day 9- Boy 4
boy1.jpg

DSCF0069-3.jpg

DSCF0061-2.jpg

Day 9- The girls. They're getting very big and very soft. They feel like velvet. Maybe they'll all have fur?
DSCF0037-6.jpg

Day 9
21-1.jpg

Day 9- How that little guy is comfy laying upside down I do not know
18-1.jpg

Day 9
10.jpg

Day 9- The boys
DSCF0022-2.jpg

I have a few video's as well that I'll put up later. They're taking forever to load on photobucket. I also have all the pics and video's we've taken them on my facebook which is under Lindsay Horsman.

I will never mourn a group of babies.

True... breeding is not something any of us really support, but there is a difference between intentional breeding and a rat gal who was just too sly for her human counterpart.

Mother Nature has her plan and if Hermione is destined to have babies... then she will have them... without reference to us or anyone else. :cheeky:

As far as I'm concerned.... I just dropped dead under my desk at the little pile of feet and tails.

Admit it people... we are only bemourning oopsie litters because it is the rational, acceptablee and logical thing to do... but none of us are ever sorry to follow a thread on growing babies.

We do what we can to prevent breeding. That is all we can do. But when it does happen... I, for one, am never sorry. :bunnydance:

but there is a difference between intentional breeding and a rat gal who was just too sly for her human counterpart.

Mother Nature has her plan and if Hermione is destined to have babies... then she will have them... without reference to us or anyone else. :cheeky:

aint that the truth sista!! :wink2:

dubchick said:
but there is a difference between intentional breeding and a rat gal who was just too sly for her human counterpart.

aint that the truth sista!! :wink2:
hermione is a very determined gal it seems :giggle:

Just a few pics from today. They love their babycearl with fruit mixed in it. Hard to believe they are 4 weeks old today!

DSCF0008-4.jpg

DSCF0005-4.jpg

licking the food off my finger lol
DSCF0004-2.jpg

DSCF0003-4.jpg

DSCF0002-7.jpg

DSCF0001-5.jpg

babies eating

the babies following me on the couch lol so funny

I love your video, its so funny. Thats what mine do when I put them on the floor. I "shuffle" my feet and move very slowly as more than once I have shot one across the room. They seem to come out of no where and they're so fast. Great little ratties and all I can say is, I'm glad I live VERY, VERY FAR! :D

Maple said:
I love your video, its so funny. Thats what mine do when I put them on the floor. I "shuffle" my feet and move very slowly as more than once I have shot one across the room. They seem to come out of no where and they're so fast. Great little ratties and all I can say is, I'm glad I live VERY, VERY FAR! :D

lol we've done that too lol poor kids.

The babies are doing so well running on the wheel! So funny watching them they'll run two at a time on it! It's good for them for sure.

The kids were lazy after eating some good puppy chow today lol Just have a few pics of them.

Day 29

DSCF0002-8.jpg

DSCF0003-5.jpg

Ezri and Velma's boy seem to stick together a lot.
DSCF0007-7.jpg

Jadzia getting into the shot at the last minute lol
DSCF0008-5.jpg

sleepy boy. I think this was your boy Velma.
DSCF0014-7.jpg

lol the standard ear girl she is soooooooo comfy
DSCF0017-4.jpg

DSCF0022-4.jpg

Griffin is sooo good with the babies. He's like a mother hen lol
DSCF0023-2.jpg

Velma your boy has such great smiles!
DSCF0024-4.jpg

They are growing so fast.....they are all so cute. I hope my boy doesn't miss his little sister to much......
I love the picture of his little smiling face....... :heart:

Back