1-18-14 Wedding! MORE PICTURES pg 5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

After finally getting Peanut out of the cage to show my mom - Al told me he has something for me, so of course, I said "what? poop!" That wasn't it, Peanut gave me an engagement ring. hmmm, does that mean I'm engaged to Peanut? :laugh4:

Omg! Congratulations!
You guys need to make Peanut the ring bearer. ;3

When are you planning to get married? What kind of dress do you want to have? Are you gonna have a theme? Wait, you said "yes", right?!
<3333

You say Yes??? SAY YES lol :joy:

Because if you do! We can shop for dresses together! I need a comrade who's engaged like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :joy: been engaged for over a year now still going through USCIS issues, not seen my fiance all this time, what keeps me going is looking at wedding stuff and dress, and my rats too lol.

What's your theme gonna be for your wedding? I haven't even thought of a theme yet, I don't really want to break the bank on mine, not too big but not too small either, something country style almost but still modern. Colors though, themes like time lines or fantasy, victorian etc, I don't have a clue, I just know what I'd like in a dress, an A style Victorian corcet type. You have ideas of what you like? Share! We can give each other ideas! Congrads to you! :joy:

Well, since it takes so long to plan a wedding and we've been together almost 5 years, but have known each other since 1989 we started planning earlier this year. This is not the first marriage for either of us, but he never had a "wedding" and I've been divorced for about 14 years so we're doing the whole thing.... January 18, 2014 theme is snowflakes, colors blue/white/silver My dress is ivory - we're getting married at the Chateau Bu-che in Illinois (one stop ceremony in atrium/reception in banquet hall/dancing back in atrium). Still working on centerpieces. Now we can officially tell everyone - its kind of weird telling people your planning your wedding without actually being engaged (he was saving for the ring) Peanut will not want to be a ring bearer - he will prefer the quite and warmth of his cage. Although, my I think it was my sister, that already told my I was not allowed to dress them in tuxs and have them walk down the aisle.

Thanks everyone........ :heart:

So, how are all the other planners doing? I'm still trying to finalize centerpieces.. Tomorrow is cake tasting - any suggestions??? And I still do not have flowers - they seem like such a waste of money to me...

dspch911 said:
So, how are all the other planners doing? I'm still trying to finalize centerpieces.. Tomorrow is cake tasting - any suggestions??? And I still do not have flowers - they seem like such a waste of money to me...

Oh not to me, I'm sucha sucker for flowers, if it weren't for my fiance I'd want bright red roses! But red is too flamboyent or something, too bloody when a wedding is supposed to represent pure or innocence i dunno lol. Cake testing on the other hand... omg does your fiance tend to help with the planning? I asked my man what we'd want to do in regards to cakes and the theme. He basically said "keep it traditional and as long as the cake is chocolate I'm happy :) " :lol: as for planning or decorations he tends to hang back. It's funny, we're both huge geeks/gamers/sci fi fanatics, and if I had my way I'd go nuts making like a Star Trek/Aliens theme, where we'd find a way to make the ceremony look like we were on a space ship or alien hive and I'd be in a Steampunk Victorian white dress and he could dress up as a Star Fleet Admerial :giggle: however he wants us to stay true to a traditional wedding and not go crazy for some reason.

My suggestions are ask him for opinions on the cake and theme despite, and becareful during the taste testing and get something he'll like as much as you do! Honestly though I can't think of a theme or setup because it may be a whole nother year before we start planning on flying him here, we still don't have a date yet :sad3:

Still this is so much fun! I love talking about weddings! Makes me happy for you and for myself because both are gonna happen! :dance:

Holy cow are cakes expensive... First, the day did not start out as planned. My morning started with a phone call from work that our police commander committed suicide - so my day has sucked and cake tasting was no longer important to me, but I went anyway. Yes, Al went with and we finally settled on 2 layers of black forest, 1 layer of yellow cake w/strawberry mousse (wanted fresh strawberries, but big price difference), and final layer of (I think) chocolate gauche w/raspberry jam and rum. Over 1K for a dang cake.....

He is pretty proactive with the planning, but I'm more in the whatever mode... Won't lie, I've done this before (1991) lasted a whole year!!
So I'm not spending money on the extras that you won't look at again.... I'm not to into the "theme" weddings, but if that is your thing you can also do that with the favors just not the dress/tuxs. If you start planning now and buying things a little at a time its easier on the pocket book....

Well first off after reading your reply :hugs: sorry about your rought day and the loss, that will ruin any event even if its something that should be fun as cake testing.

Second ya I can see you're not in the mood for this sort of talk, no biggie, what matters is if your happy with your plans. Ya they say the most expensive part of a wedding is the dress and the cake. Even I got a budget on my dress, not go over $600, as for the cake well, we plan to see what our small town bakery can whip up for us since they do wedding cakes too, just not sure on the price. I wish I was in more knowledge on that, but at least as far goes as flavor is simple, chocolate lol.

You're so lucky that your fiance is with you throughout the turn of events for you and at least being their to do the planning. I can't plan a thing, heck I can't settle on doing this and that like taste testing offically, till he's here. Theme wise I don't honestly have a clue, probably at the end of the day have my Matron of Honor help me figure that stuff out (my 2nd eldest sister). Again im so sorry about your day, I was hoping it'd be fun to talk to you about your plans but it doesn't look like your up for it which I get :hugs: hope things will smooth out for you and your week gets better.

Thanks...think things will suck for awhile, especially going into work tomorrow.. :sad3: Anyway, I only spent $500 on my dress, well actually my mom bought it for me for my b-day, but I cannot see spending a lot when you only wear it for about 10 hour tops! My maid of honors friend is getting married in Sept. - its a big Greek wedding and she spent, better be sitting for this, 9K on just the dress - that's a car or really nice down payment on a house!!!!! I knew the cake would be pricey, we originally had it at about 1700.00 then started changing things to get it around 1K - couldn't see spending that much on cake!! Its white buttercream outside - 4 tier (round circles) with silver dots and snowflakes. Think I mentioned it, but our theme is snowflakes blue/white/silver colors Even though since I bought an ivory dress and the girls are wearing marine (from david's bridal) the guys will be wearing black with ivory shirts and marine vests/long ties. I'm still sticking to the white/blue/silver - going for a "cold" looking theme.

How are things going on getting that man of yours over there? Any news yet?

Back