1-18-14 Wedding! MORE PICTURES pg 5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:sad3: We're still waiting on Stage 1. USCIS accepting our petition for the second time (with attorney help). We probably won't hear back till Sept. or Nov. I hope for Nov sadly because I need the time to save up for Stage 2. due to I have to fly to Germany and help him with the meeting and packing etc and then afford to fly back together.

But we're not talking about me we're talking about your engagement! Mmmmmmmmm buttercream is da bomb if you ask me. 4 teir cake too? Might explain the cost but I guess it depends on where you go and the style, but even my step dad is shocked on the value of flour and sugar these days lol. And cool your maid of honor is having a Greek wedding? Nice! Not to be rude, but ever see the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding? It's one of my favorite bridal related films in regards to family chaos, just because my family (though isn't greek) is extremely big and loud and in each others buisness. It's gonna be chaotic when we start planning that's for sure. A winter theme for the setup sounds elegant and beautiful too, snowflakes too? So you aiming to have your wedding this winter? That's really nice, I'm hoping we can plan something next spring if we get him here before then since I think it'll be early Jan or Feb when we get my fiance here if all things go to plan. Spring or before summer starts because I think we are hoping to have an outdoor wedding on my mom's property if not on a property in our town, but if it's in the smack dead of summer at 96 - 100F, no one will be happy and that includes me and my groom who's not accoustom to our heat waves 'yet' lol.

I admit though cake wise, I don't want it to be just chocolate, my fiance is a picky eater no different to a child, can never get him to eat his greens that sort lol! So i'm hoping I can encourage him to try different flavors of cake and icing before we settle dead set on just chocolate, surely there's other flavors he'll like that he's never tried. And raseberry with chocolate just sounds... AMAZING :dance:

PS. Sorry I'm yacking, this is the most fun I've had in awhile just talking about weddings, I can't talk with my family much about it, because then they start wanting to plan when we don't have a set date and it just makes me sad, but here it's just talking about IDEAS and not setting anything in stone yet. :thumbup:

Our date is Jan 18th so in Chicago that is hit or miss with the weather, but I would like some snow fall on the day to follow the snowflake theme. It was my maid of honor's best friend that is have the huge greek wedding and yes, I did see the movie. My maid of honor is mexican, but married a greek - that was an interesting wedding although it was mostly greek and boy can they party!! I didn't shop around for the cake because I knew this is the one I wanted and if I can get a pic of it on here I will..

Awsome :) and congrads to the amiga and to you as well ok! Have you already picked out a dress? Or is that next on the shopping list. Dresses has been one of my tiny focuses lately.

Is your fiance German? From what I've heard,USCIS can be a bear to deal with sometimes. Good that you have an attorney to help you. They generally know what it takes to get things to move forward.

I work for Immigration and Customs Enforcement but USCIS is another agency under DHS. My division doesn't work directly with USCIS. How long has your fiance's paperwork been in their system? Has anyone been able to give you a ballpark of when it might clear?

jennifervb said:
dspch911 said:
Thank you everyone..... :dance:

CongRATS!!!!!!! :bunnydance:

Let us all know how well Peanut behaves for his tux fitting.... :cheeky:

Peanut doesn't want to wear a tux, but he is considering a tie, BUT he is refusing to leave his cozy home to enter the cold air of Chicago in January ... guess he will have to look at picture, but his daddy says he'll will stand in his place.

dspch911 said:
jennifervb said:
dspch911 said:
Thank you everyone..... :dance:

CongRATS!!!!!!! :bunnydance:

Let us all know how well Peanut behaves for his tux fitting.... :cheeky:

Peanut doesn't want to wear a tux, but he is considering a tie, BUT he is refusing to leave his cozy home to enter the cold air of Chicago in January ... guess he will have to look at picture, but his daddy says he'll will stand in his place.

Hehe ya my rats aren't gonna be part of the wedding ceremony, must as I loved the idea of my Gizmo being the ring bearer and my two hairless girls being the flower rats and Gyro and Nes can sit on my shoulders while I walk down the isle lol :cheeky:

@ Jenniferb

I don't want my own finance issues to plague dspch911's board so I think I'll start my own wedding/fiance/uscis board instead lol. I'll still share wedding ideas on here though! This is fun!

Sounds like my sister's wedding i think, if shotgun wedding means just getting a certificate of marriage and we have a small family party? lol It was still fun despite hehe.

Oh let's talk about dresses! What's your idea style gonna be? I'm trying to or seeking a victorian A line white dress myself, problem is, is that I'm reduced to a specific bridal shop called Dave & Bridal. We're going there because they are cheaper, like I'm made of money to buy a dress I'm only gonna put on maybe 3 times tops? :lol: I specifically want to try on a sleevless corcet style to my requirements too, something along the line of this:

david-s-bridal-t9168-wedding-dress-46038-1.jpg

I love the victorian style in regards to another theme or fanbase which is steampunk, this is the closet thing to that while keeping the dress traditional :nod:

Tomorrow is wedding day and thanks to the fiance I am terribly sick..... Told him last week when he started coughing to go to the doctor he was getting sick - but NO he doesn't. Wednesday he comes home from his bachelor party chills, fever, aches (he doesn't drink so it wasn't that). Yesterday he goes to the doctor with a fever of 102.7 - SERIOUSLY!!!!! Today he is pretty much better after sleeping all day yesterday and having antibiotics!! Not so much for me, and if things go as they did for him TOMORROW will be my worst day ..... :sad3: :cry4: :cry: I'm coughing so bad/much my chest is killing me - cause whatever this is landing in my chest. Now I'm feverish, achy, cold ..... thanks Al!!!!! :stickpoke: :panic: :gaah: :rant:

I'm sending healing vibes, and prayers... i even told my newly wedded husband and some of my good friends, we're all shocked this has happened to you on such a big day... we're hoping for the best for you! I hope your happy day isn't completely lost and you recover enough to enjoy it! :hug:

Fever broke around 2am so I'm doing better and should hopefully be able to make it through the day!

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Oh, no, what a huge disappointment for you! Any chance that a sympathetic doctor could give you an anti-viral to lessen the illness?

I do hope that meds and the joy of the day will carry you through.

Big day came and gone right? Hope you enjoy your honeymoon and your feeling right as rain!

EDK said:
Big day came and gone right? Hope you enjoy your honeymoon and your feeling right as rain!

It was yesterday, we had a get time dispute being under the weather. My snowflake themed wedding included a mini blizzard - pretty, but made it difficulty for guests to get there. However, those that really wanted to attend found a way to make it in or came the day before as the snow was predicted. We are both sick with URI's I think, he got antibiotics on Thursday and I have just been guzzling cough syrup, and taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen. We are not going anywhere for a week so hopefully this will clear up.....

We had a great time and the place looked beautiful!! We kept it simple and fun and I think that made the difference. I didn't stress over the little things - just the family pain in the butts was the only BIG downfall.

Back