Worst Day of my Life (hull)Now with updates

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cuz he wont let me i offered. i offered to do it in payments since i dont have a lot of money and he wasnt for it
i dont no what the heck else they said to him but im so stressed out about this id try almost anything to keep them but at this point its just impossible

I do have a lease . i dunno what there going to fine him with :wallbang: i hate the drama. im going back to talk to my lawyer tommrow

Is there a by-law limiting the number of pets people can have in an apartment to one pet?
Otherwise, I don't see how they could fine your landlord ... actually I don't see how they could fine anyone but you ...

Good that you are going to talk to a lawyer because the info. you have given just does not make sense.

If you have a lease then he can't evict you unless you are breaking the terms of the lease...I would definatly look into it more to find out exactly what is goin on. Good luck tomorrow!

i'm sorry, but your lawyer should be able to find a way out of this.
legally you should be allowed to see your files (blacking out the names of the people who filed it of course). also, the humane society would have you on their records if you ever adopted an animal from them. so in the process of investigation they should have found that you have never adopted from the OHS.
If the file against you is outright lies (multple animals, eg) then the SPCA investigation should also uncover that.
i agree that you should get the media involved. more attention will create more sympathy from the public and will turn the SPCA on their heads trying to figure out the truth.

i would try and press for more time to investigate, because honestly it doesn't really sound like they have done their homework on you. plus, your landlord sounds nice and is obviously willing to let you keep those animals. moe time= less stress= possibly being able to keep your lovies.

i would really like to help with your animals but my roomate is pretty allergic to animals, but if you get really stuck PM me and ill see if i can work something out.

i have a friend taking my chinchilla
fizz is going to foster my boys for me (bless her heart)
now its only the cats and rabbits
im trying so hard to figure out wth is going on. I didnt do anything wrong so i should be punished.
im going to see if maybe my lawyer can get the papers from them

Wow, I can't imagine how upset you must be. Try and stay strong and fight for your furry family. Hang in there! And definitely, DEFINITELY talk to a good lawyer ASAP. We're pulling for you!

Wow, I can't imagine how upset you must be. Try and stay strong and fight for your furry family. Hang in there! And definitely, DEFINITELY talk to a good lawyer ASAP. We're pulling for you!

thank u thats really encouraging

They absolutely cannot do this, I know for a fact. I am really concerned because whoever these ppl are are not following procedure whatsoever. I have worked for the SPCA before and I have lots of friends who still do as well. Where do you live? I can give the SPCA in your city a call and see what is up, I can even get my former manager involved. She would be happy to help. They are totally out of line and out of procedure, it's just totally odd.

gatineau and gatineau got a call from ottawa humain society and ottawa humain society got a call from whoever said whatever. please dont get anyone to call anyone id rather the lawyer deal with it

That's crazy wow.

I know the SPCA here in Hull (unless the SPCA Outaouais came to you the one in Gatineau) most of them speak English with french as their second language, But since i stopped working there they have gotten new people in so maybe they are more french ether way the girl who is like head boss Carole(Treasurer) shes English i think can not even read french lol, the desk clerk Jennifer shes English and french is her second language and then there is this other clerk girl forget her name she also can not even speak french.

That is still so crazy if you are not doing what they say you are doing i think too you should fight this. And for sure if you did adopt from any OHS or SPCA they should have you on file and when you fight this or ask your layer to ask for the proper papers showing you if you ever did to prove it.

I wish you the best of luck fighting this and hope you do win.

im going back to see my lawyer again tommrow hopefully something can be done

lilangel i no what spca your talking about carole is a sweetheart i use to walk the dogs there, the one that came to the house is the big one in gatineau. Iv never adopted pets at the spca nor have i at the ohs .

This just isn't adding up at all. So strange... this makes no sense. Are you sure you are not keeping any details out of the story? Are you absolutely sure these were SPCA constables? Something isn't right here, I have to be honest, this all isn't making sense. I know how these things work and have worked at the SPCA before. I know all about the procedure and etc they have to go through.

SPCA constables are absolutely not allowed to leave you to rehome pets, they would be fired for that. They either seize the pets if they believe there is a need to, for any reason, or they leave them if they see all is well. They never ever, tell you to rehome them on your own.

Then you need to call head office for the SPCA in your province and get them fired. Call your local SPCA as well and let them know. That will solve thep roblem immediately. They cannot do this to you at all. It is completley out of procedure, esp. allowing you to rehome your pets yourself. That is a HUGE no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back