Worried about Chester - RIP my love...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy and sad at this news at the same time. At this point, scrap the baby cereal, just give him watered down Ensure as fluids are most important at this point and easier to swallow.

How does he syringe feed? Does he try to lick it from the front, does he deep throat it from the front or you do put it in the side of his mouth so all he has to do is swallow...this one is usually last and easiest for them.

((hugs))

We've been at "putting in in the side of his mouth" for a while now. And I now have to time feeding with his tongue movement so he ingests his food and don't drool it out too much.

He's getting baby formula and baby cereal and taking it well enough. The ensure alone gets more of his attention, I admit. He still look well hydrated, which is a huge relief! And I think he enjoys when I take him out of the cage to hold him a little. Like it reassures him.

My sweet love...

Ratlover2013 said:
Give him hugs for me :heart: :(

He gets plenty of them, I will make sure one is from you, Renee... :hugs:

That's it gang... the kids are gone, and I have an appointment with him tomorrow at 11 am. I know I'm doing the right thing, I would never have made the appointment otherwise but... I so don't want to lose my baby!!!! :cry2:

This is so hard to read. I know you are doing the right thing because it's where your heart, and his, has guided you to go. Still, it is the most difficult decision to make. Give your little boy lots of hugs from all of us and I know he'll find many, many ratties and good loving souls to be free with once he crosses over. He won't hurt anymore and he'll be able to eat whatever he wants, however he wants. He thanks you so much for being a wonderful rattie parent and for making his life on earth here a special one. My heart goes out to you. I am going through a similar situation with one of my own right now, so I know only too well what you are going through. :hugs:

I'm sorry :[ I hate reading threads like this because they always make me cry... but it is part of (the worst part) being a rat owner. You're doing the right thing and what is best for him. My thoughts are with you and your little one. :heart:

Awww you are not losing him. He will always be a huge part of you... He made the journey to you and now you are giving him his journey away from this horrible body. Give him kisses from all of us...

I know how hard this is for you.
I have never met/knew a person who was so passionate for a rat before like you were with Chester.
You are the best thing that happened to Chester, and he knows it.

Chester will soon be free, free to run with all the other rats who are up their sleeping in cloud hammocks. I'm sure my boy Oscar who used to play with Chester when I fostered him will be waiting for him.

Big hugs :heart:

I just read this now and Im seeign that you are already at the appointment for your little one :'( I am so sorry you are losing him. I really did love hearing about Chester;s journey and was veryu happy when he finally made his way to his forever home with you. He had the best life he could have had and his spirit will always be with you.

One month.

This is once more how much time I have gained trying to treat a PT.

One month.

But one month is enough time to love and say goodbye, although not enough to let them go with dry eyes...

Chester is gone.

I don't really realize it yet. I cried my eyes out at the vet, of course, eventhough I had been crying him for the past week. I'm currently in denial - actually, I refuse to think about his loss. The hurt will come later. Tonight. When I don't have to medicate nor feed him.

He was drooling on the way to the vet, like he was trying to make it easier for me. He was so quiet, so cuddly... then again, all terminal rats are.

Chester was my love, and I feel robbed. I will get over him, I know, I have 6 other furballs that will require my love and attention, but he will always remain with me. I asked a favor out of him - to wait for me by the Bridge along with Picolo when my time to rejoin them comes. I don't know how many rats I will consider heart rats in my life, but those two really were.

Thank you all for your support. It has helped me much more than you can imagine. If I were able to hold my own for him, it is thanks to you guys, and to BF of course. God knows I would be curled up in a ball, unable to even care for myself right now if he weren't there.

I will write his memorial later. I also have to write Victoria's... Have I said I had a passion hating PT with a passion?

Oh, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye. He had an amazing journey to be with you, and then a wonderful life with you.
RIP little man - your look-alike Hotch will be joining you soon, for the same reasons. Please show him around...
:hugs:

Back