What's for supper?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I was totally lazy and just picked up dinner on the way home :oops: I had a foot long ham sub from Subway and a mango hurricane smoothie from Booster Juice, to be exact :mrgreen:

Since my husband works late now I usally just make something easy for me and my son. But are favorite as family is taking frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast cut up and breaded with spices and flour, and cooked in a pan till it's nice and crispy. I make rotini and four-cheese rosa sauce, and a garlic cheese bread, and salad. We can't get enough of it.

Bamboo said:
lol I was totally lazy and just picked up dinner on the way home :oops: I had a foot long ham sub from Subway and a mango hurricane smoothie from Booster Juice, to be exact :mrgreen:

Omg I love booster juice, and Mango hurricaine is my FAVE flavour!!

lizmo1221 said:
Bamboo said:

Omg I love booster juice, and Mango hurricaine is my FAVE flavour!!
Me too!!! :D

Breakfast was a dinner too, so I'm including it. I had salmon burgers on a cheese bagel. I eat a lot of salmon up here, so making burgers is a way to use up all my leftovers in the fridge (these ones are nearly half carrot and also include random things like the powder from the bottom of a bag of frosted mini wheats).

Dinner is leftover peanut sauce noodles with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

Lunch was a little less healthy, organic ice cream with lots of chocolate. I shouldn't admit that meal.

Pink

Homemade Potato Soup. I didn't have "ground beef on hand" but it was just as delicious and easy! My girls enjoyed it. Esp if it's one of those nights when you don't want to go all out. This is a nice little easy meal to make and it's filling.

BEEF AND POTATO SOUP

Read more about it at http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1848,13 ... 92,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 lb. ground beef/chuck
7-10 potatoes (peeled and sliced into about 1 inch cubes
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans beef broth
1 16 oz. sour cream
1 chopped onion

Boil potatoes for about 20 minutes or until soft. Meanwhile, brown beef and onions. Drain. Add cream of mushroom soup, broth and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low/med. Add sour cream. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and add to pot. Let simmer until ready to serve.

This makes a very thick soup but it is delicious!

EDIT: I did add little more beef broth as we don't like our soups too too thick and probably alittle more sour cream to our liking :D

Tonight was actually one of the rare nights that I was cooking :lol: my boyfriend usually cooks since I am not a fan of cooking but I decided to indulge him and make him some ribs and rice tonight.

I want chicken strips or wings badly... but I must settle for chicken nuggets tonight... no where near the same thing. *pout*

That potato soup recipe looks great! Do you think I could sub out the mushroom soup though?

Depends what do you wanna sub it out with??? I can probably tell you if it'll be good LMAO. I have made many potato soups in my life time this was just a quick fix because I didn't have alot on hand.

Anything really... I just despise mushrooms and anything related too them. The people I've lived with joke that I have a supernatural ability to detect their presence in food. :)

Do you have any reccomendations?

Cream of celery or cream of chicken would work I'd think

We had foil-baked cod in lemon and onions, rice, corn, and salad. I love fish.

Moon said:
Cream of celery or cream of chicken would work I'd think

We had foil-baked cod in lemon and onions, rice, corn, and salad. I love fish.
That sound so yummy!!! :thumbup:

Cream of chicken would be good! :mrgreen:

Had my fav wraps... Yves Ground Round, lotsa spinach, corn, salsa, wee bit of cream cheese & cheddar... all mixed together and then wrapped in a tortilla shell. So good! Drank some Kombucha with it. Nom!

Will have some vegan ice cream for dessert. Good day :cheeky:

littledevils said:
Had my fav wraps... Yves Ground Round, lotsa spinach, corn, salsa, wee bit of cream cheese & cheddar... all mixed together and then wrapped in a tortilla shell. So good! Drank some Kombucha with it. Nom!

Will have some vegan ice cream for dessert. Good day :cheeky:
Sounds good!
Are you a vegan?

What is everyone having for Good Friday dinner? Traditionally, people who are religious refrain from eating meat on Good Friday, and eat fish or seafood instead. I'm not religious in the least but I am a huge lover of seafood, so I am taking the opportunity to make shrimp fried rice for dinner. Can't wait!

Back