What's for supper?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie

I enjoy baking and cooking! So what is everyone having for supper tonight?

Me: Meat pies, corn on the cob, potatoes (haven't decided mashed or baked) and some homemade buttermilk biscuits!

I can't wait until it's done LOL.

I enjoy food as much as I enjoy making it. :heart:

Gonna bake some chicken legs in the oven with teriyaki sauce, and have frozen veggies and chicken flavoured rice on the side! So easy to make, and sooo good!

Attempting to make lentil and bean salad for the first time. I have never made lentils before and it is my new resolution to include beans and legumes into my diet. Hopefully it isn't a total failure or I will be eating a chocolate bar for dinner lol

Pixie said:
Attempting to make lentil and bean salad for the first time. I have never made lentils before and it is my new resolution to include beans and legumes into my diet. Hopefully it isn't a total failure or I will be eating a chocolate bar for dinner lol
Sounds good!
What kind of lentils do you use?

I really wanted tostitos and salsa so Mike suggested we make a side of nachos to go with our ground pork in a pepper lol.

MissGuardian said:
Pixie said:
Sounds good!

I used green lentils, it actually turned out way better then expected. The lentils made it look a little messier but it tastes great! I am not sure how my body will handle the fiber overload :giggle: , but thankfully my husband works away from home through the week

We had a layered curry chicken salad (lettuce, spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, snow peas, topped with chicken breast chunks and a light creamy curry dressing) and baked redskin potatoes mmm

Ooo and a new recipe for dessert: A lemon cranberry coffee cake my mom made

I had a BBQ'd chicken quarter and mashed potatos :)

Awhile back I made a shortcut recipe for lential soup using Veg-All canned veggies lol

We had turkey & hard salami sandwich with colby jack cheese on french bread with lettuce tomatoe and mayo.. YUM oh and I almost forgot Lays baked potatoe chips with ketchup!

I was lazy, so I just made a package of Sidekicks pasta. Creamy Garlic Raffelo or something like that. It was on sale... that plus the milk, my dinner cost $1.50.

adreabri said:
We had turkey & hard salami sandwich with colby jack cheese on french bread with lettuce tomatoe and mayo.. YUM oh and I almost forgot Lays baked potatoe chips with ketchup!

You know in Canada, we have Ketchup FLAVOURED potato chips? :nod:

I learned only a couple of years ago that its pretty much an exclusively Canadian thing. And its hugely popular!

We had hamburgers and salad at my MILs. :p Twas good.
Speaking of lentils though, my family tried a new soup the other day. Curry coconut quinoi (sp?) soup, it was really good!

lizmo1221 said:
You know in Canada, we have Ketchup FLAVOURED potato chips? :nod:

I learned only a couple of years ago that its pretty much an exclusively Canadian thing. And its hugely popular!

Not exclusively Canadian... Grew up in Switzerland and we had them there too...

Pixie said:
MissGuardian said:
Pixie said:
Sounds good!

I used green lentils, it actually turned out way better then expected. The lentils made it look a little messier but it tastes great! I am not sure how my body will handle the fiber overload :giggle: , but thankfully my husband works away from home through the week
:giggle: i usually use red lentils, since you don't have to soak them.. I use a lot of lentils, since I'm a vegetarian.. Would have gone insane if I had to soak everything :giggle: the canned one is mash even from the can :wallbang:

Back