What's for supper?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha my mom is a 4star and she also happens to get this weird satisfaction from feeding people what she has created, she sometime says she is fed up and going on strike too. Then 3 days later we get this call, she has made so much stuff she has no where to put it any more, and wonders out loud to me, "so, what are you guys having for dinner???"

lizmo1221 said:
adreabri said:
We had turkey & hard salami sandwich with colby jack cheese on french bread with lettuce tomatoe and mayo.. YUM oh and I almost forgot Lays baked potatoe chips with ketchup!

You know in Canada, we have Ketchup FLAVOURED potato chips? :nod:

I learned only a couple of years ago that its pretty much an exclusively Canadian thing. And its hugely popular!

I'm in the UK and we've had those here for ages. :dance:

Also tonight just having chips and a vegetable/pastry thing.

Hooked up my bbq today so I made elk tacos with bbq'ed asparagus and mushrooms

Edited: because it's mushrooms and not muchrooms.

lizmo1221 said:
Zooy said:
Hooked up my bbq today so I made elk tacos with bbq'ed asparagus and mushrooms

Edited: because it's mushrooms and not muchrooms.

What does elk taste like?
Comparible to venison. It's so lean and I'm so addicted to it! I think we buy like 5 lbs every time we go to Orillia lol.

littledevils said:
I was talking to an American over IM once and he told me all about these fancy ketchup flavored (yes, I spell some things the American way) chips. I played ignorant because it was fun. They have always been my little siters favorite flavor.

I am making some sour cream biscuits, salmon with marinate sauce, baked potato pieces with seasoning and marinate, summer peas and peaches and cream corn... (feast for Chester's honour LOL!) Hey even-though I am not there I can still celebrate can't I??

ANYONE WANNA COME OVER??!!! :dance: :dance: :joy: :joy: :joy: :laugh4:

I'm super fancy... :roll:
I'm eating chicken strips tonight with steamed carrot sticks (we have no fries hahaha)
Ohh.. and home-made honey mustard dip (1tsp ketchup, 1tsp mayo, 1tsp mustard & about 1tsp of honey)

Olllie, I'd love to come over for dinner. lol

MMak said:
I'm super fancy... :roll:
I'm eating chicken strips tonight with steamed carrot sticks (we have no fries hahaha)
Ohh.. and home-made honey mustard dip (1tsp ketchup, 1tsp mayo, 1tsp mustard & about 1tsp of honey)

Olllie, I'd love to come over for dinner. lol

That dip sounds soooo good!
LOL come on down! I will pull out more forks and knifes and an extra plate!!! :)

Forgot to add... I'm baking Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies as well...
(not a vegan anymore... but I don't have any eggs on hand.)

Liz - I LOVE Asparagus (especially with bernaise sauce)

zenia wulfe said:
littledevils said:
I was talking to an American over IM once and he told me all about these fancy ketchup flavored (yes, I spell some things the American way) chips. I played ignorant because it was fun. They have always been my little siters favorite flavor.

They've always been my mom's favorite flavor :p Where I live we also have steak, rib, and buffalo chicken with bleu cheese flavored potatochips. But my favorite is the crab chip!

Tonight it's Tuna noodle casserole topped with frenchfried onions for me

I know how to cook, but I don't. lol

I had carne de res asada with linquicia, rice, and potatoes. YUM!!!

I just ate, but reading this thread made me hungry all over again! :oops:

Back