What do you do?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a student at UMA and a full time aunt to my nephew who lives with me. I am also a part time babysitter for my aunt.

I am currently working full time at Future Shop as a camera salesperson, but I am toying with the idea of going to school to become a vet tech!

Currently I'm inbetween school and jobs so not much to report in that department.
Once I've had this baby I'm going to go back to University to update a couple of courses that I'm not happy with the marks and then am going to apply to the Animal Health Technician program at TRU in Kamloops. :') I've wanted to be a veterinarian since I was little but I don't think I could handle the 7 years or so of schooling plus I don't think I could handle the responsibility of holding the life of someone's pet in my hands!
In my spare time I LOVE to read, draw, paint, take photographs, go to the dog park and such. I've also found a new passion this past year in dog agility which I think will be a life long love. <3 (I was joking with my mom today that I'm going to have my own superdogs team, lol).
Not much else from me for now, but I agree that this thread was a great idea! ^_^

I'm in school for Social Work. I intern at a residential facility for male inmates. I work as a "nanny" (as much as I dislike that word), and then obviously on the side I make hammocks and cage liners for rats.

It is interesting to see what others do.

stay at home housewife soon to be moms, not much going on in the job front because as soon as i got back in the country i found out i was pregnant! not many places willingly higher pregnant people unless its a baby store lol

Zooy said:
I'm a full time radio producer (I make commercials!) as well as a radio announcer.

B101 here in Barrie is looking for a full time morning news/co-host right now. Are you happy there, or looking??? :wink2:

MumsyRat said:
Zooy said:
I'm a full time radio producer (I make commercials!) as well as a radio announcer.

B101 here in Barrie is looking for a full time morning news/co-host right now. Are you happy there, or looking??? :wink2:
B101 is totally my dream job but I have no news experience. And I'm 17 weeks away from going on mat leave lol.

:oops: I am currently working/volunteering on a dog shelter kind of thing..
Or pound, not sure what to call it.. We don´t have dogs up for adoption there(they are in foster homes only), but take in dogs that have attacked someone, ran off from their owners etc.. The police decides what happens to them..
Only working there once a week tho.. Don´t have health for more :oops: :(

Well I'm going to University in the falls to be a photographer and I someday want to open up a pet photography studio Down Town Vancouver. Or be an animal trainer haha

As for my job at the moment, I work at A&W.. but Hopefully I will be finding a new job ( preferably something NOT involving food) Once I am home from Mexico. I dislike my job greatly :gaah:

I've work part time during school breaks as a Vet Tech, and during the school year I work at one of the University's Libraries. Otherwise, I'm a full time student!

stormmidnight said:
i am fashion coach at aeropostale and am going to college in the fall for criminologie :)
I see you're from NB, are you going to STU for Crim?

I'm going into my third year of University, majoring in English and Human Rights. I may end up teaching middle or high school English, but I'd rather be in the book publishing business, either editing or publishing. It's my dream to have a book of my own published; being an author would be fantastic.

MelissaTayes said:
stormmidnight said:
i am fashion coach at aeropostale and am going to college in the fall for criminologie :)
I see you're from NB, are you going to STU for Crim?

I'm going into my third year of University, majoring in English and Human Rights. I may end up teaching middle or high school English, but I'd rather be in the book publishing business, either editing or publishing. It's my dream to have a book of my own published; being an author would be fantastic.

yes i live in dieppe :) no im going to eastern college ( a private college) for criminologie !!!

Well I work in Admin at a Real Estate office. It's a crazy job but I love it (finally). I would also add wife and mom to that list as those are two full time jobs as well. :)

Back