What do you do?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an awesome thread. I love hearing about all the interesting jobs that people have.

I worked as a property manager a year ago and had to run the other way screaming! Literally... screaming...

Now I am doing a Masters of Science in Biochemistry. I am researching Huntington's Disease. I guess trying to find a "cure" would be the ultimate goal.
It's fun... some days! lol It can get frustrating when experiments don't work. Science can be such a pain! But I am learning tonnes and get to play with a lot of awesome microscopes and equipment and fluorescent proteins so thats neat!

I hopefully will be going through to get my PhD :)

many many many moons ago, I delivered newspapers (had 3 routes!) then I worked in various factories (shoe factory, printed circuit board factory, and one that made transformers of some sort LOL)
and the last two jobs I had were in a nursing home as an aide- back before they required training, I learned on the job.
Then I got sick and that was the end to that. :(

I raised a daughter on my own and now,
er,
now I sew to try to raise funds to provide for my furry ones. :nod:

I wish I had a real job.... with a real paycheck!!

Currently, I'm working in the local grocery store, saving up money to ship myself off to school :p I live in a really, really small town, and my whole family works here, so it's sort of nice being able to spend so much time with them. (Literally, my mom, step-dad, and little brother all work in the same store.)

But once I've got enough saved, I'll be going to school for Special-Effects makeup. I get to make Horror Movie monsters for a living :D It's an awesome thought, I hope I make it that far.

Also, in my spare time, I do a lot of sculpting, and writing. I sell some of my pieces locally, and hopefully some day I'll be able to publish some books.

Before I had my girls I was a DSW (Developmental Services Worker)
I taught in a grade 3 behavioural class for a year as well as a group home for autistic children.
after the girls I did daycare from my home for 12 years or so.
Now? I am a professional rat and cat pooper scooper.
Trying to get healthy and keep happy.
Fingers crossed that I won't need surgery again in the new year. :thumbup:

Back