Weight Loss Support Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made up some fitness goals today

1) Go horseback riding - I used to go as a kid and I miss it so much. I've always wanted to continue but I aways felt like riding at that heavy would mean I would break the horse.

2) Go Ziplining - Okay, this may not be a "this year" goal but its something I've always wanted to do

3) Ski all day - I loved skiing in high school but I would tire out easily. I want to ride the mountain all day!

4) Mountain Climb or Rock Climb (even at a rock climbing place would be cool) - I've never had any upper body strengh. Today we went hiking in a cave and I climbed up the cave walls for a few feet but I think it would be so cool to just climb!

I hit 100 lbs lost this morning! I'm so pumped!
At the beginning
Tasha.jpg

310lbs.jpg

And now!
PB140569.jpg

PB070484.jpg

That's awesome Nat! congrats!

I've started doing wii fit every morning again. Some days I'll do just the yoga and then my workout video that I have. Beachbody Slime in 6. It's a great workout!

I bought a recumbent bike today! Putting it together was quite a workout too. lol

I can't do any impact exercise because of my knees so I'm hoping this will be good for me. I am essentially looking for a cardio workout and not to build muscles, I've got enough of those.

Zooy I am so proud of you. That is wonderful. :hugs:

I am normally very active......but my age must be catching up with me.. :wink2: ..because I have put on some weight on in the last few years.
I finally have gotten back on track.....and I have done very good in the last three week,
eating healthy, cut out the snacks and increasing my exercise.
I put a shirt on yesterday that was getting snug and it now fits really good.........and I had to tighten my belt a few notches over the last few weeks. I am feeling so much better about my self.

i've lost more than 20 (i'm at like 22)lbs so far! i hurt myself doing p90x, and i didn't do much but maintain my weight throughout Christmas, but i got back on the horse, and started walking more (5 miles a day), and i wasn't eating that bad, but i got back on track with that too, and i feel good.

i've still got about 30 or so pounds to go, to reach my goal but i'm going to kick their (them, being fat cells!) butts!

What worked for me 2 years ago was calorie counting and strength training (though I only really went to the gym for 2 months because of a promotion :p). I lost about 20lbs (165-145). Basically you keep track of how many calories you are eating and keep it under a certain amount. This is the site I used http://caloriecount.about.com/. I did gain some back because I've not been caring what I'm eating so much, but even so it still helped to learn how many calories are in the foods I eat and it's easier to make decisions.

I have struggled with food and eating since I was a young girl. I had tried programs, etc. but it wasn't until I joined OA (overeater's anonymous) that I got the help I needed to work on my food addictions. I sometimes envy all of you "normal" eaters who can eat something and stop...but the 12 step format has allowed me to work on my head as well as my body :)

One of the BEST things I ever did for myself was to attend the 10 week Healthy Eating Program @ Loblaws (Superstore) with a dietician...learned about portion sizes, correct amounts of fats, etc...and it was empowering to feel like I could do little things/changes that would make a big difference :)

I've started to go to the gym 3 times a week to do a vigerous 30 minutes on the eliptical and 30 minutes lifting weights/stretching/etc, and follow myfitnesspal.com as closely as I can. I haven't been weighing myself because I don't want that sitting on me, I just want to get healthier. I don't care if there is weight loss overall, I just want to feel and look healthier than I do right now.

As a result, I already think my butt is much more toned, and I think my face has lost some weight too. I'm feeling better about myself!

I really think that myfitnesspal.com has been a HUGE help though because it shows me what I've been eating that's been sending me backwards (even when I used to burn a lot of calories I can see now that some of the foods were destroying that bit of good easily).

Right now I'm on track for 1.5 lbs a week, though (as I said) I haven't been keeping score. Hurray!

Mike (once he's better) wants to attempt a 5k run... I'm not a runner so I bundled up this evening and went out jogging/walking for 30 min! I jogged most of it, I'm proud of myself.

In bad news, gained 3 lbs last week, going to be hard to work it off!

hows everyone doing? i reached my goal of 125 lbs, at 54 lbs lost, i feel REALLY good.

earlier today, i decided i was going to try and run. i set my target at 8km (4.9 miles) thinking i'd only run some, and then walk the rest, but i ended up jogging most/a good percentage of it, and feeling totally great (if not, completely sore) about it. i'm definitely going to have to do that more often..

I weigh in at about 155 right now and I'm 4'11'' so this is definitely overweight for a person of my size. I've been eating less so that I'm not belly-gut-busting full, doing at least 30-60 crunches every night to every other night. We're trying having slimfast for breakfast and eating something healthy for lunch *a sushi plate carries the same calorie weight as the slimfast last time we'd checked* so hopefully I'll be able to start losing at least a little bit.

Current Weight: 155
Goal Weight: 125-135

Let the work outs begin...

If anyone's interested, I published five mini-magazines on health/fitness (for all levels) based on the program with my dietician...they may have some tips to help make the small changes that turn into big ones :)

Back