US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/150...pushes-rapture-end-of-world-to-october-21.htm

He said that on May 21 there had been "spiritual" judgment instead of a physical judgment by rolling earthquakes around the entire planet.
Camping said that there would not be any need additional billboards or tracts and that Family Radio would no longer teach about Judgment Day.
"The world has been warned," Camping said. "We did our share."

Spiritual earthquakes...!? In a way this is very funny... but really, how pathetic is this guy!? And he refuses to apologize to all the people who spent all their money (and probably can't get to October 21st) or who tried to murder their children and are now in jail forever... :gaah:

Roo said:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/150...pushes-rapture-end-of-world-to-october-21.htm

He said that on May 21 there had been "spiritual" judgment instead of a physical judgment by rolling earthquakes around the entire planet.
Camping said that there would not be any need additional billboards or tracts and that Family Radio would no longer teach about Judgment Day.
"The world has been warned," Camping said. "We did our share."

Spiritual earthquakes...!? In a way this is very funny... but really, how pathetic is this guy!? And he refuses to apologize to all the people who spent all their money (and probably can't get to October 21st) or who tried to murder their children and are now in jail forever... :gaah:

I had a wonderful day on Saturday and do not recall any news of rolling earthquakes around the planet. I do not believe that God promotes self proclaimed prophets. Christ never once terrorized people by making the kinds of claims that Camping has made. Camping needs to read the story of Elijah... he fully lacks the integrity and, above all, the humility shown by this man.

On another note... Earthquakes do not constitute a "spiritual judgement". They constitute a "PHYSICAL Judgement"! Earthquakes are physical in my belief. If God had exercised a spiritual judgement... wouldn't he have done something like instill fear and dread into us with nothing physical we could have attributed it to? I do not like this man at ALL. Something in everything I read about him just doesn't sit well with me. He is a self glorified idiot... a false idol. Who else will make sacrifices based on what they have been told by this man? This guy is using God's name to promote himself. Not a smart idea. The wrath of God is not anything I would want to be responsible for on such a massive scale. I'm probably in enough trouble as it is.

Good food, beautiful weather, lots of cocktails, and friends to make Judgement Day zombie jokes with......what more can I ask for?

I had an amazing time Saturday afternoon, and am anxiously awaiting the Oct 21st end of the world party. :dance:

KMG365 said:
I guess God had a previous engagement for May 21st and couldn't make it for the rapture. Harold Camping says it's now been rescheduled for October 21st. Good times ahead! :lol:

Apocalypse pushed back to Oct. 21, preacher says

Oops, he did it again.

A Christian radio host who predicted the apocalypse would come last Saturday, now says he made a mistake and it will occur on October 21.

California preacher Harold Camping said the Rapture will come five months to the day after May 21, his original prophecy.

The 89-year-old said he felt so bad his prediction didn't come true on Saturday, he sought refuge in a motel with his wife.

Camping made the statement to the press at the Oakland headquarters of his media empire, Family Radio International.

He also predicted the apocalypse would happen in 1994, but blamed the world's survival then on a mathematical error.

Camping had stated there was no way the Rapture would not start on Saturday at 6.p.m, and told the San Francisco Chronicle he was "flabbergasted" his doomsday prophecy didn't come about.

Camping preached some 200 million Christians would be saved and those left behind would die in a series of plagues until Earth was destroyed in a fireball on Oct. 21.

While his latest prediction was mostly met with online ridicule, some believers took it quite seriously. One man in New York spent his life savings on advertisements warning of the coming doom.

Camping's media empire has assets of more than $100 million and had $18 million in donations in 2009.

I guess God was busy again because another so-called "Judgement Day" has come and gone and we're still here! In his defence, Harold Camping actually hedged his bets on this prediction by stating that the 21st would probably be judgement day - I mean, we're only talking the end of life as we know it, so there's no need for certainty. :wink:

Back