US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catibrie said:
It seems I am very much unlike most of you. I am a very religious person, who makes a serious study of the bible and tries to live my life accordingly. Interestingly enough, the bible says nothing about a doomsday in May (of this year or any other) - Funnily tho, the bible does warn those who presume to know what God is thinking on this matter. I wonder if maybe he did not read that part of the bible??

There are fanatics everywhere, and for everything, this man simply has more people who listen to what he claims than most of the fanatics out there.

Hi Catibrie,
That is what I ment by my comment that he did not read the bible very carefully.
Nice explaination.

lizmo1221 said:
Maybe I will be spared since May 21st is my birthday?? I mean, come on, you can't send someone to hell on their birthday!!

I read somewhere else that the dead will rise from their graves after a series of earthquakes on May 21st and the Earth will actually be destroyed by fire on October 21st. So, other than a zombie infestation and everything crumbling around you because the ground isn't stable, I'm sure you can still have a very happy birthday on the 21st. :cheeky:

KMG365 said:
It seems I'm doomed to hell as well. I'm gay and an agnostic and heaven is automatically off-limits for people like me, or so I hear.

This seminarian disagrees. :mrgreen:

*high fives KMG* We shall party like there is no tomorrow in the fiery abyss. XD

And LOL Jo, that is hilarious! But remember, everyone has a schedule... Even god! I'm sure he has other important things to attend to after he condemns 99% of the world's population to hell. Like laundry, for example. XD

DadRat said:
This seminarian disagrees. :mrgreen:

The "doomed to hell" comments used to bother me, but I don't worry about it anymore. If there is a heaven, I truly believe that all the good people will end up there, regardless of race, creed, gender or sexual orientation. :D

purinpurin said:
*high fives KMG* We shall party like there is no tomorrow in the fiery abyss. XD

It should be one hell of a party! I'll see you there!! :cheerful:

I too am a religious person and I have come to notice how many so called religious leaders think they know what God is thinking. I do believe God does speak to prophets, however, he will not be telling us when the world will end, and even that, is not a concept we as humans even understand. What is the 'end' anyways? World gona spontaneously combust or something? I don't think so. I'm completely certain that the "end of the world" will be nothing like what some 'dooms day' predictions claim it to be.

I spoke to my husband about this, joking about it- he hadn't heard anything about it. So they haven't reached us here yet. Not a very good campaign... haha.

Either way, I'll go to the movies the night before (dude, Pirates 4 comes out the Friday before! Can't miss that!), and if Osama is in heaven, I'll see you all in hell. ^.~

If it doesn't happen this time, we still on for Dec 21st of next year? Why can't the end of the world wait until after I open my Christmas presents?

Wow, I've been see this billboard for a few weeks now, and kept thinking how absurd it was. It says on it 'the bible gaurantees it!', and the preacher determened this from adding up all these numbers, which can be done with any combination of numbers.

Well, in the miraculous event that the end of the world happens on May 21, I'm definitely going to hell. XD I am pro-choice, bisexual, and an atheist.

It seems I'm doomed to hell as well. I'm gay and an agnostic and heaven is automatically off-limits for people like me, or so I hear. Considering heaven will apparently be full of suicide bombers and religious fanatics like Osama Bin Laden and Harold Camping, I might actually prefer to take my chances in hell.

No worries according to South Park only mormons go to heaven...so quite a few people are being left out lol.

Thanks God it's going to be on May 21. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is released on May 20 so will be able to watch it. Better buy a ticket to see it in the afternoon of May 21 too.

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

KMG365 said:
lizmo1221 said:
Maybe I will be spared since May 21st is my birthday?? I mean, come on, you can't send someone to hell on their birthday!!

I read somewhere else that the dead will rise from their graves after a series of earthquakes on May 21st and the Earth will actually be destroyed by fire on October 21st. So, other than a zombie infestation and everything crumbling around you because the ground isn't stable, I'm sure you can still have a very happy birthday on the 21st. :cheeky:

Sweet! I'll all ready for a Zombie Apocalypse I mean that is why I have been working out and losing weight. I gotta be in tip top shape if I'm going to lead the survivors lol

Yeah, we've got an infestation of those billboards around Toronto... and a bunch of nuts camped out on the street corner of the Eaton Centre (the one facing that 'urban park') trying to convert everyone at the last minute.

What *I*'m interested in is... Why wasn't the Mayan end of the world date good enough for them?!?! The world's going to end on MY birthday, darnit, and I don't accept it could end on any other day!

Coincidentally... Devil's Food Cake anyone? :cheeky:

Funny FB Event: "Post Rapture Looting - When everyone is gone and god's not looking, we need to pick up some sweet stereo equipment and maybe some new furniture for the mansion we're going to squat in."

littledevils said:
Funny FB Event: "Post Rapture Looting - When everyone is gone and god's not looking, we need to pick up some sweet stereo equipment and maybe some new furniture for the mansion we're going to squat in."

:laugh4: I am so signing up for that event!

Back