Urgent need help! 1 day old babies rejected!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw thank you two, that means so much to me. The support here is just outstanding.

It's almost 1am... (well 10 mins) so I must go for a shower and get the amazing 2 hour long sleep I get :D

Bless you for what you are doing for these babies! I am so sorry you lost your tiny girl,she will be at the Bridge, you are doing an amazing job! :baby:

I am not surprised that you are keeping them all. You must have such a strong bond with them now, and they will consider you their mama!

breakthenight's ratty had problems in delivery of her babies, and some of them did not live long. One was born apparently dead, but breakthenight revived her.... You better believe that breakthenight kept that baby!

It must be an amazing and exhausting experience. Wishing you strength to keep on going with so little sleep, wishing the babies good health.

RIP, little Violet. Such a heartbreak to have lost her.

Thank you guys :joy: :joy:
I'm not suprised that she kept the little one, how did she revive that little thing? :bunnydance: :bunnydance: That's amazing.

All of the babies are feeding well. :nod: :nod:

Phyllis said:
I am so sorry you lost the one baby! I had a momma who had 16 babies once & one was so tiny, he always got pushed aside, i broke the needle off a syringe & supplemented her with ensure 4 times a day, some times I kinda hold Momma gently in place & put babies on tits, My runt thrived lived to be the oldest, give Momma some ensure each day too in a dish! My ratties never used a house for their babies they just had nests I hope all goes well, I have raised even babie mice, just keep them worm make sure they have nice milk bands, also with a warm wet -tip clean their bottoms a couple of times a day, this helps they go to the bath room, I used ensure to feed mine & as they got a bit older added some baby cereal to the milk leave it thin enough to come out the syringe or eye dropper, Good luck, here is My Momma I was speaking of My friend found her & 4 other ratties in a cold dumpster & brought them to me, these sweeties were born on my Birthday, I told all they would be, I was in the midst of cancer & chemo, & they being born on my birthday told me I'd be there for them & I was!

Complan is UK equivelent of Ensure. You can buy a box with 4 powder sachets in at Boots for a couple of quid - lasts a while if you open a sachet and only mix up small amounts at a time with water, instead of one big drink. Strawberry flavour seems to be favoured in my home, but there is a lot of other flavours too. Boots also do organic powder baby cereal (its their own brand) which you can mix with the Complan when it comes to weaning stages (i know that may seem quite far off atm), itll make the complan a bit thicker than just the liquid (if your like me.. you might have to mix up twice as much... its rather tasty :giggle: )

Good luck with them all btw, i think youre doing an amazing job so far :)
and i've just had a quick flick through... where are the pictures????

All of the babies are still with me, feeding well and doing well. I will try and get some pics tonight - looks like darker eyes, perhaps ruby? :hugs:

They're 16 says old! Sorry for the lack of updates, our computer broke. :roll:

Here are some pictures from about 25 minutes ago :)

Eyes still shut...
beautiful011.jpg

"Oh, so this is what it looks like out of the igloo and feeding blanket!"
beautiful004.jpg

Chubby belly!
abeautifulselection045.jpg

"Climbing?"
abeautifulselection028.jpg

"Get away from me!"
abeautifulselection012.jpg

Eyes open
abeautifulselection008.jpg