Urgent need help! 1 day old babies rejected!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried it but she grabbed one baby really hard and started shaking it.... Obviously I was right there and I had to prise her mouth open but the babies leg was gushing blood. :( :( Removing both girls I wrapped the babies leg up and held a cloth with salt water to it and it's stopped bleeding but every so often a trickle of blood is visable on the leg, or where the babies were when under my top. I can't do anything more for the poor thing, she is acting as the other though, so I'm hoping it isn't too sore. I'll just continue hand raising them :( Not that it's at all easy though :(

It's too bad that nothing is working, in terms of having Mama rat do her job :(

Keep up the good work!

Wow false alarm! :p
I assume she was in a deep sleep was all, as I lifted her and she squeaked at me and tried to suckle into my finger bless. Sorry about the above post. :S And phew, I felt broken for a moment.

It's so wonderful that you are trying to hand-raise them! Keep trying, we are all pulling for you, and are following you and your babies' saga. I hope they make it - they will be so bonded to you!

What a roller coaster for you! Let's hope that Phyllis has a chance to see your post. She has hand raised a few baby ratties (and even a squirrel) in her time.

Hang in there. Great job!

I am so sorry you lost the one baby! I had a momma who had 16 babies once & one was so tiny, he always got pushed aside, i broke the needle off a syringe & supplemented her with ensure 4 times a day, some times I kinda hold Momma gently in place & put babies on tits, My runt thrived lived to be the oldest, give Momma some ensure each day too in a dish! My ratties never used a house for their babies they just had nests I hope all goes well, I have raised even babie mice, just keep them worm make sure they have nice milk bands, also with a warm wet -tip clean their bottoms a couple of times a day, this helps they go to the bath room, I used ensure to feed mine & as they got a bit older added some baby cereal to the milk leave it thin enough to come out the syringe or eye dropper, Good luck, here is My Momma I was speaking of My friend found her & 4 other ratties in a cold dumpster & brought them to me, these sweeties were born on my Birthday, I told all they would be, I was in the midst of cancer & chemo, & they being born on my birthday told me I'd be there for them & I was!
Mamma.jpg

babies.jpg

6days.jpg

Yummie.jpg

Me feeding my tiny runter!
Goodmorning.jpg

Thanks for the reply. :)
:( I really miss her. I don't know why, I just feel like a failure. I even had named her Violet :S, I can't tell many of the rest apart, but she was always easy to. She wasn't even the runt. :( /vent

And that last pic looks just like how I feed my little ones, sometimes I just place them one by one on a towel and hold the baby bottle slightly off the ground & they just latch on :) , it's adorable :D And great that they are feeding so well.

Personally I prefer them having houses :) , but that's just me.
My little ones worry me constantly :( , but they're feeding :) , so I'm hoping they survive and live happy lives...

One problem ;) I'm keeping them all. I just can't part with any of them. :D

Back