Three new rescues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry :tearful: I'm also angry that the former owners let it get that bad that wen finally when she was in a good place that poor Summer was too far gone :cries: it makes me want to send an angry letter to the former owners and maybe the vet bill :evil:

Oh my God, I am so so so sorry. I'm trying to hold back tears at my desk.

It was so good you could give her the love she deserved with what little time she had left on this world. :grave: :rose: :cries:

jorats said:
Summer had her operation today, to remove her tooth, to clean her abscess.
When the vet opened her up... Summer had no more facial bone. It was all infection. Summer started bleeding and she died.

I'm so sorry mamarat... you loved her for the time you had her. She felt your love, she felt some human goodness before leaving this world.
:cry:

What kind of pathetic individual would make it a habit to force helpless and loveable little animals to endure such misery?

Summer had no more facial bone?????????? NONE??????????????????????

Is there any way to get the ASPCA in on this woman?

As a buddy of mine would say... "it sucks to be her". If she ever shows up here I will make it a point of taking her to task. It sounds to me as if she is sick in some way. Like that woman who made the news for keeping hundreds of cats locked up in her house.

{{{{{Little Summer}}}}} your joy awaits you on your cloud... just on the other side of the rainbow bridge. :rose:

Hang in there Jo, your loving care secured Summer's spot in paradise. :love6:

My heart goes out to everyone who let Summer know happiness and a better life for the short time she had it. You and all your family Jeannine, and you too LA.
She was eating well in spite of how her mouth must have felt, so you know she was loving her food! And she had beautiful clean cage and toys & stuff to explore rather than just sitting in the same filth all day. And no way could she not have felt the love that Mamarats bestows on her babies.
As there was no way she could be saved she was at least blessed in the end by everyone who got her an earthly heaven before she went to eternal heaven.

I hope it doesn't hurt anyone if I say this here, but
My heart goes out to the woman who had those girls - for her overwhelming troubles with her human children. She's been knocked here (as she should be) and and I'm sure she's heard of how bad off these girls were and no doubt feels awful about it now. Angry as we are I'm sure we wish her no bad. She'll do her penance by being an example we'll all remember - of knowing when you aren't capable of caring for a pet, and having the kindness to give them up sooner rather than later. In her favor, she did ask for help before they were all dead I'm just sorry Summer was a martyr to that. I hope her sisters can be success stories for you Mamarat.

Sweet Summer, Your body and all it's pains are gone now. You are a free spirit who luckily had the chance to feel treasured here before you went, I'm sure that love & peace have healed what would have been a pained spirit too
:kisses: .

Oh, I'm crying at work, I'm so sad. I am so sorry to hear of this, Mamarat I sent you, river and jacqui hugs...

Fidget said:
My heart goes out to the woman who had those girls - for her overwhelming troubles with her human children. She's been knocked here (as she should be) and and I'm sure she's heard of how bad off these girls were and no doubt feels awful about it now. Angry as we are I'm sure we wish her no bad. She'll do her penance by being an example we'll all remember - of knowing when you aren't capable of caring for a pet, and having the kindness to give them up sooner rather than later. In her favor, she did ask for help before they were all dead I'm just sorry Summer was a martyr to that. I hope her sisters can be success stories for you Mamarat.

Fidget I couldnt have said it better.

Fidget said:
My heart goes out to everyone who let Summer know happiness and a better life for the short time she had it. You and all your family Jeannine, and you too LA.
She was eating well in spite of how her mouth must have felt, so you know she was loving her food! And she had beautiful clean cage and toys & stuff to explore rather than just sitting in the same filth all day. And no way could she not have felt the love that Mamarats bestows on her babies.
As there was no way she could be saved she was at least blessed in the end by everyone who got her an earthly heaven before she went to eternal heaven.

Sweet Summer, Your body and all it's pains are gone now. You are a free spirit who luckily had the chance to feel treasured here before you went, I'm sure that love & peace have healed what would have been a pained spirit too
:kisses: .

your statement is admirable Fidget but, as unfortunate as it is to say, my heart does not go out to this woman. I would understand the circumstances better if this had been her first mishap but apparently... it has not been. There is a fine line between mishap and neglect/abuse and unless this woman is psychologically disturbed there is absolutely no excuse for her behavior.

Animals depend on human beings. Especially those who are "trapped" in a cage with no possibility to fend for themselves. I am happy that this woman has managed to find pity and prayer from someone as warmhearted as you are, but she will never find any such thing from me. I am, and will always be, defender of the small and helpless and in this scenario... Summer and her cagemates were definitely on the shorter end of this stick. Nothing makes me sicker than the kind of thing that was practiced with the rats under this woman's care.

Sorry Fidget but I draw the line at people like her and I hope that she is still able to view her reflection in the mirror. :(

I am very saddened that the rats are ill and they don't deserve it. They did nothing to harm anyone, as most animals don't. I wish healing vibes to River and Jacqui, live for your sister Summer and enjoy life. Summer did reap the benefit of having a chance to live a better life and know more affection then what had been given to her. Even if it was short.

Although, I have to say, I have learned more and more about Michelle everytime I talk to her and I feel that I understand her position more and feel sorry of all the personal issues she is coping with right now. Because of that, the rats became sick. Like I said in the past, when Waynes mom had her heart attack things got left, our house was a disaster, I almost lost my whole fish tank, my rats did not get as much attention as they should have. Some cope better then others. Yes possibly the rats should have been given away a lot sooner then they were, yes maybe she took on way more then she could chew. And yes, priorities are different for each person, in her life it was her three daughters, in others its dogs, in someone elses it's rats. I wish her the best in getting everything back on track and sorted out.

LA said:
Although, I have to say, I have learned more and more about Michelle everytime I talk to her and I feel that I understand her position more and feel sorry of all the personal issues she is coping with right now. Because of that, the rats became sick. Like I said in the past, when Waynes mom had her heart attack things got left, our house was a disaster, I almost lost my whole fish tank, my rats did not get as much attention as they should have. Some cope better then others. Yes possibly the rats should have been given away a lot sooner then they were, yes maybe she took on way more then she could chew. And yes, priorities are different for each person, in her life it was her three daughters, in others its dogs, in someone elses it's rats. I wish her the best in getting everything back on track and sorted out.

I can understand what you are saying but the fact remains these rats were abused. They were neglected and it's not just a couple of weeks, we are talking over a year. Even my vet couldn't believe how badly these girls were looked after. There is absolutely NO excuse to abuse animals.

I sure hope this person knows the extent of the damage these girls have and still suffer from. And now we are suffering along with them, watching them hurt like that.

So very sorry to read about everything little Summer went througfh.
So glad that she had a good life with you even tho it was much too short.
:(

Hard to understand the extent of abuse the three girls went through in their former home. It is too bad that charges will not be laid against Michelle. I too hope that she never owns rats again.

Although, these little angels are now in good hands, this post deeply saddens me - I CANNOT understand the neglect and abuse some humans put animals through. Why does it happen?! I am far from being a perfect human servant to my babies but there is no excuse for the conditions those three little angels had to endure - NONE.

Jennifervb - You get no argument from me about your response to me. I'm 100% with you because no matter how helpless humans may feel, the pets are helpless and depend on the humans to do what is right for them.

When I say my heart goes out to her it is not for the wretchedness that she inflicted on these kids, as I said, she'll fairly pay her dues for that. My care for her was only as I stated in the first line - My heart goes out to the woman who had those girls - for her overwhelming troubles with her human children.

Sorry Mamarat if I opened a can of worms here....

I have pics of River and Jacqui. They are looking a lot better.
Here's Jacqui, she is quite the little explorer

jacquionbed.jpg

jacquionbed2.jpg

jacquionpillow.jpg

and here's River whispering a secret? lol

riversecret.jpg

riveroncarpet2.jpg

riveroncarpet.jpg

Back