Three new rescues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jennifervb said:
anita1216 said:
Neglect is a sad, sickening thing. Animals, like our children, our given into our care. We dont "deserve" and we have no real "right" to them and they can be taken just as quickly. *sighs* While they are in our care, we should love them, give them what they need to thrive. Life is about balance and its our job to find that line, to walk along it the best way we can. When you can no longer clearly see that line, its time to make a choice. Clearly nobody would give up their human children in favor of their furkids.

Michelle is guilty of ignoring the balance and focusing her efforts on her sick children, that is understandable. Where it became a crime was her negelct of these furchildren, who had no voice and needed her love and care. It would have taken little effort to at least reach out and try to find them another home. Children, even the sickliest of them do sleep. We have to find the time, thats our responsibility as humans, being of a higher order, we are charged with caring for those who can not help themselves.

I am sorry these animals have suffered needlessly. I am thankful to see kindness and love in people so willing to take them in and love them no matter what the cost to them finanacially, but more importantly..emotionally.

I wish the girls well and they will be in my prayers. :praying:

I agree with you to a certain extent Anita. Very well said. I just sometimes wonder if animals really "need" humans or if we have put them in a position to need us. Many animals are not "welcome" anywhere and some people will freak out at the sight of a mouse.

You should see the looks I get from colleagues when they see the pictures of my boys in my cube. You have RATS??? "Bravo Socrates... any other obvious questions you need to have answered?" :roll: LOL!!!

(yes, I have a dry sense of humor. ;)!)

I totally agree that many animals have been put into the position to need the care of humans. I have no doubt that we have upset a delicate balance at some point in evolution/creation (please choose the option that best fits how you believe :) )with our need to "tame" and be king of thejungle so to speak. I just look at it as "what is done is done" and now we have to care for what we have domesticated.

Gotta love the "you have pet rats?" after they see picture statements. Those just never fail to both annoy and amuse me. Its like my twin sister and her "they were biting my nails!!!" ummm dear sister, they were trying to groom you, not bite!! :roll:

Gotta love the "you have pet rats?" after they see picture statements. Those just never fail to both annoy and amuse me. Its like my twin sister and her "they were biting my nails!!!" ummm dear sister, they were trying to groom you, not bite!! :roll:

Yeah, people look at me funny too when someone hears I have pet rats, sometimes after they say it I want to say "you have children?" and look at them like they look when I say I have rats, disgusted :puke: :faces:

They'll be with you as long as they live, right?
And each day is going to be lived in a clean enough cage with attention when they seek it and even sometimes when they don't, right?
And food good enough to eat even when eating is painful (Love to Summer), right?
And knowing that they matter.
It's their lifetime. You've done and are doing what you can to increase the days, now just forget about it and think about the value of each day. For you as well as them. It's not fair to them to grieve the days they aren't there when they're there. Quality not quantity for both of you. And you know quality of heart always supersedes quality of physical stuff.
Do you doubt for a moment that River is feeling better inside with you than she would be in the old place?

That is beautiful, Lauren, and exactly how I see it too. Those girls probably don't even remember the "old" days. And if you saw the cage in the morning, you know they are playing all night long. hehehe

Back