Things you secretely like

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got into the live sailor moon.
I had a crush on gambit when I was little... and now I have a thing for Lousiana-type accents. That type of southern US accent drives me wild.
But when I was even younger, I had a crush on Michealangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles---- not even human! lol

*laughs Hysterically at peoples reactions to Live Sailor Moon*

Yeah, I had that reaction at first too, but somehow... like all bad soap operas.... you get hooked. 8) I think it was subliminal messages in the psychedelic transformation sequences. :shock:

ohh, I am very prone to subliminals, I swear, everytime I see a commercial for a few seconds I actually want the crap they are peddling :p
My teacher in english spent a whole lecture going over the sexual imagery in magazine ads. Lol, she never had such a rapt audience!

I haven't gotten the chance to watch live action sailor moon until now.. that was.. umm.. something :shock:
I watched the cartoon when it was in english on YTV but that was years ago and I always wondered what happened at the end :?:
I also loved Gambit and it was so cool when in 1994 they did a swimsuit edition wth Gambit in a little speedo and Rogue floating over him in a bikini in space, it was hot in a freaky, shouldn't be odgling cartoon characters kinda way :D
http://cheesedip.com/images/rogue&gambitswimsuit.jpg

Ok, I admit it... I watched the YTV version. From what I understand it was supposed to end with Sailor saturn showing up and being evil, leading to a show off eventually. I think YTV scrapped it though but I don't know if any of those episodes got dubbed :p

Well, those live actions are definately B grade. But they could be done SO much better. It could be really awesome I think. Actresses with better 'action' skills so the fight scenes don't look like they are stumbling. Computer graphics. Etc. But I don't think that was the point when they made them. I think I would probably watch one in full to see what it was like.

Fighting evil in moonlight.. winning love by daylight- never running from a real fight! She is one named sailor moon!
Sometimes I wonder if tv messed up my brain....

LA said:
Well, those live actions are definately B grade. But they could be done SO much better. It could be really awesome I think. Actresses with better 'action' skills so the fight scenes don't look like they are stumbling. Computer graphics. Etc. But I don't think that was the point when they made them. I think I would probably watch one in full to see what it was like.

But that's the point of 'B' movies! :D They are SO bad it fun to watch. :lol:

Jack's_Girl said:
Fighting evil in moonlight.. winning love by daylight- never running from a real fight! She is one named sailor moon!

She'll never turn her back on a friend... she is always there to defend, she is the one on whom you can depend! She is the one named Sailor Moon!

Ya... me too. :lol:

Tara said:
Jack's_Girl said:

She'll never turn her back on a friend... she is always there to defend, she is the one on whom you can depend! She is the one named Sailor Moon!

:tantrum:
Stuck in my head!

Bronwyn said:
Tara said:
Jack's_Girl said:

:tantrum:
Stuck in my head!

Hmmmm another jingle to replace it perhaps?

"They're pinky and the brain, yes, pinky and the brain, one is a genius- the other's insane- To prove mousy worth they'll overthrow the earth..."

Tee Hee! I :heart: Pinky and the Brain!

We modified the Pinky and the Brain song to sing to our Boston Terriers, Lily and Berklee ("Snerk"). Around our house, it's "Lily and the Snerk". Creepishly enough, Kristy was just singing it to them when I pulled up this post!

Bronwyn said:
:gaah:
EVIL!

:twisted: MUHHAHAHAHAHAAAH!

I know! :D

"Sea Ponies, Sea Ponies, when you're in distress! Sea Ponies, Sea Ponies, simply signal SOS!"
(cant remember the rest of the words....) Something something... "We'll see you get help."

And then the....
"Shoo-be-doop, Shoo-shoo-be-doo!" (Back flip into the water)

Yay for My Little Ponies Movies.

Careful, I can be much more evil... I can start singing one-hit wonders from groups such as---- Hanson.

MmmmmBob doobiditydoobiditymmmmbop da da da!

Yeah I really don't remember back far enough. ;D

HA Tara I don't know that one! :D Umm..."My little pony, my little pony, ..." yeah that's all I got.

LOL :lol:

:twisted: Theres NO escaping!!!!

I found the video! Count On the Sea Ponies! I love this song! I used to sing it with my friends on the bus in elementary school! (LOL!NERD :roll: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHS0pkPpSLA

EDIT- Oh! And I found the opening song too, Bron'! So you can remember the WHOOOOOLE thing and sing it at work like I do, and get weird looks that I secretly enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qONwyLxGaM

Back