Theia, Pika & Rizzy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew they would. when I get the babies from pregnancy I can make them amazing. I just had two litters come in two close and I ended up with to many skittish rats. They live in a rescue but always thrive in a home. The ones I have here are doing better though. I can let them out and I can almost pick the boys up without them screaming constantly LOL It is hard with one person and 20 skittish rats. but they are mostly going to homes now. so hopefully the girls will get more homes soon. The boys are almost all gone, but the girls are still here :(

XD It's funny that the boys are the screamers? I always thought that boys were "more cuddly"?
I'm glad that many have found their way home though. :nod:
I'm sure it's been hard for you with all these wee little rats who are terrified of the big bad humans. @_@;

How many girls are left?
And you got more girls that were dropped off in a box at a shelter or something, right? :no:

Aw, I hope the rest of them all find loving forever homes!

I saw the comments about the space pods/critter pods and boy, you guys are right...ALL of my boys have always loved their space pod! Something about it...maybe it is because the plastic is smooth and cool against their bodies and they can hang their head out and see what's happening while they chill out in the pod? Those pods are wonderful! My boys finally got too big (fat) to fit in theirs, darn it.

:lol: Yes, definitely with the head hanging. They always look so relaxed and like "Ah, I can see everything and just hang out in my space pod."
Haha, your poor fat boys! They need an XXL pod! :D

It's funny, my girls even refuse to poop in the pod. There's always a little pile of poops right outside of it. I'm pretty sure they just stick their butts out lazily, instead of removing themselves to go into the litter box that's right near the pod. >_>;
Maybe that's part of the pod appeal... Has a convenient place to plop your butt and poop. :lol:

Of course, Theia is just ridiculously clean. The others.. Not really. But I will hand Theia peas when she's hanging out in a hammock, and she'll peel them, eat the good part, keep the shells in a pile, then when the pile gets too big she pushes them all out of the hammock and starts all over again. :lol:

They're all ridiculously good at using the litter box though, besides the whole space pod scenario. XD

Oh joy, the ratties have discovered how much fun it is to dig in our thick lovely carpet. :roll:

img_20140706_170334-160.jpg

img_20140706_164841-159.jpg

:laugh2: they are going to be carpet destructors!!! Peggy seems to adopt out the rats the destroy things... I named the boys I got from her "The Destructo Seven" sadly they are now down to four... and not as destructive.

Some of my boys pee in the pod, but most don't and if you had boys with balls well you'd see a lot of those hanging over too...for some reason they seem to air them out...by hanging them out:emb:

Aww, such great photos of the babies enjoying snuffling around in your thick carpet!

Yep, about not pooping in the space pods, you are right...my boys NEVER pooped in their space pod, ever! And yes, they got too fat to fit into it, sigh. Mom's fault...too many treats, sigh! :confused:

:laugh2: they are going to be carpet destructors!!! Peggy seems to adopt out the rats the destroy things... I named the boys I got from her "The Destructo Seven" sadly they are now down to four... and not as destructive.

Some of my boys pee in the pod, but most don't and if you had boys with balls well you'd see a lot of those hanging over too...for some reason they seem to air them out...by hanging them out:emb:

Ya, Peggy, you and your destructive ratties! :laugh3:
Well I'm sure the remaining Destructo Seven can still do same damage! :p

OMG :lol:
The balls airing out bahah! That's why I couldn't do boys.. Just ask Peggy. I told her I didn't like how big their genitals were. :laugh:

Aww, such great photos of the babies enjoying snuffling around in your thick carpet!

Yep, about not pooping in the space pods, you are right...my boys NEVER pooped in their space pod, ever! And yes, they got too fat to fit into it, sigh. Mom's fault...too many treats, sigh! :confused:

I guess they can't help it, we do have some really amazing carpet for digging around in! :lol:

Aww hehe, I'd love to see pictures of your fatty ratties. :love11:
I think Theia's starting to get to be a bit fat, but she also just loves her treats! :D
I'm notoriously bad with the too many treats too. :redface:

Also, I have made the best ratty toy purchase ever, one of those cat sticks with a little stuffed fish and feathers on it. They LOVE chasing it and trying to capture it, they like to try and trot off with it and it's soooo funny when the fish flies out of their mouth because of the elastic string. :D

dunyguzy.jpg

The toy

zuzaqage.jpg
menabuqa.jpg

:D

Some other pics from last night:
a2ana7yt.jpg
nu9ypu4a.jpg
rytygy4a.jpg

The classic "whats this????" picture!

My sweet rats are redecorate-ers not destructive! One you neuter a male there is nothing there. We have rocky who is neuter and a sweet boy. He is so people friendly :) He would love to live with some not cranky rats :) He actually came in with your girls, they hand fed him so he is all about hands and now that he is neutered he is a happy boy! We have a bunch of girls left 14 in on group. two are in foster homes right now.

You tube refuses to let me upload this so I had to use fb. The girls are coming around. We have momma and her babies, 4 girls group from the shelter and 2 girls from the shelter, two are in a foster right now, one dumbo girl and one beige girl. I introduced rj and dirk with them and they now have all the girls as girlfriends. IT is a big group.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152236809116409&set=vb.634516408&type=2&theater

Oh dang, I do not have Facebook...so I can't see the video this way, right?

Velo, that is such a fun looking toy for rats! I remember reading how rats love these cat stick/feather toys and I bought one and none of my boys ever like them, for some weird reason! I was so bummed! They look like so much fun! My boys would all sniff them, follow the feather for a few seconds, then get bored and lose interest, darn it! I tried it several times, but, no go. Hmmph!

I was thrilled to see someone else's rats enjoying this toy though! I am so glad your fur babies are having fun with it! :)

You can see it. the video is set to public so it starts playing. I tested it on another browser.

My sweet rats are redecorate-ers not destructive! One you neuter a male there is nothing there. We have rocky who is neuter and a sweet boy. He is so people friendly :) He would love to live with some not cranky rats :) He actually came in with your girls, they hand fed him so he is all about hands and now that he is neutered he is a happy boy! We have a bunch of girls left 14 in on group. two are in foster homes right now.

You tube refuses to let me upload this so I had to use fb. The girls are coming around. We have momma and her babies, 4 girls group from the shelter and 2 girls from the shelter, two are in a foster right now, one dumbo girl and one beige girl. I introduced rj and dirk with them and they now have all the girls as girlfriends. IT is a big group.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152236809116409&set=vb.634516408&type=2&theater

:winksmile: Yes, re-decorators, that's right!
You shoulda seen the re-decorating that the girls did this morning. WHAT A MESS! :eek:mg:

Aww Rocky sounds sweet, he's cute too. Who knows, maybe a lucky neutered man rat will come live with my girls. :cheeky:
The girls could use a lesson in being more hand friendly. X3

Wow, I can't believe 14. What a massive number. @_@;
I like the big black hoodie in the video. XD
Gosh one or two of those girls looks a LOT like Pika, just with the attitude and mannerisms and everything.
I really need another shy rat that she can be buddies with. She joins Theia and Rizzy sometimes, but she seems to hang out on the lower half of the DCN most of the time. ;/

It'll have to be at least a month until I can really plan bringing more home though. I will need the free time to be able to intro them, which I don't currently have. And unfortunately the only cage the new ones will be able to stay in is my Rat Manor which can probably only hold two. Not sure how much the girls would like it if there double CN turned into a single CN. >_>;

Oh dang, I do not have Facebook...so I can't see the video this way, right?

Velo, that is such a fun looking toy for rats! I remember reading how rats love these cat stick/feather toys and I bought one and none of my boys ever like them, for some weird reason! I was so bummed! They look like so much fun! My boys would all sniff them, follow the feather for a few seconds, then get bored and lose interest, darn it! I tried it several times, but, no go. Hmmph!

I was thrilled to see someone else's rats enjoying this toy though! I am so glad your fur babies are having fun with it! :)

:lol: The cat toy is just the funniest thing! I never thought a rat would act so much like a cat and play with one like that. :O
Maybe it's a girlie rat thing? The boys are just too lazy to chase after it! :winksmile:

I will try and get a video of them.. It's a must see. ^_^
I'll have to recruit the BF as cameraman, since I don't have enough hands. X3
Rizzy just loves playing with him... She's my brute little lady, always wanting to fight. :D

I think rocky would be ideal just because he is so happy to see people. You want a happy rat in there to teach them how to be happy rats. She may swoon over having a big sexy beast of a man rat with her. I am far more fond of mix sex rats than I am of single sex. Rocky has done well with the 4 devil girls LOL so he has passed all the test and he is beyond repaired from his neuters.

All those girls are the same as far as her siblings go. momma still bites me like hell in the cage but out of it she test nips like she isnt sure if my hand is food or if it isnt. it is massive letting them all out but so funny. I finally figured out how to keep the near the cage and not trying to escape :)

Oh yay, I was able to see the video! I LOVED it! I just loved watching all those sweeties scrambling up onto Mom's lap for treats, too adorable! They are all darlings!

You are right Velo, about the boys...maybe girls like the cat toys more than boys? Boy ratties are definitely more lazy, ha ha. :)

I think rocky would be ideal just because he is so happy to see people. You want a happy rat in there to teach them how to be happy rats. She may swoon over having a big sexy beast of a man rat with her. I am far more fond of mix sex rats than I am of single sex. Rocky has done well with the 4 devil girls LOL so he has passed all the test and he is beyond repaired from his neuters.

All those girls are the same as far as her siblings go. momma still bites me like hell in the cage but out of it she test nips like she isnt sure if my hand is food or if it isnt. it is massive letting them all out but so funny. I finally figured out how to keep the near the cage and not trying to escape :)

:lol: Rocky the sexy man beast rat! :D
Well maybe if he hasn't found a home in about a month he can come home with one of the girlies he's with currently. :D

I'm assuming that introductions should be pretty darn easy..?
I'm thinking maybe I can keep the newbies in a different room for a week, move them into the rat room another week, then try intros for a week... maybe get them all in the DCN within 3 weeks?
From what I've read intros with girls 6 months and under shouldn't be hard. ;o

Aww poor scaredy mama. Hopefully she'll stop biting you soon. XD
Theia's a biter, but I'm pretty sure she only does it because she doesn't always see me coming. I do now have a massive love for PEWs though! The head bobble always makes me smile. ^_^

Oh yay, I was able to see the video! I LOVED it! I just loved watching all those sweeties scrambling up onto Mom's lap for treats, too adorable! They are all darlings!

You are right Velo, about the boys...maybe girls like the cat toys more than boys? Boy ratties are definitely more lazy, ha ha. :)

I loved the video too, all those ratties! :heart:
I love my crazy little ladies though. I wouldn't have it any other way... Nothing like 3 little rats jumping 2 feet in the air to and running maniacal circles around you. XD

Yep, I think girl rats are marvelous of course (as all rats are) but my husband and I have always had boys. We love their big squishy lazy ways, however, I would be thrilled to possibly have a couple of rescue girls in the future, for sure! I think they are wonderful and it would of course be a new experience!

You can call it redecorating if that is what you'd like to believe!

Our Clark loves to chase the cat stick toys too..... and it gets out all of his energy!

Try bubbles! i had some girls who loved bubbles! Skittles just adored them and they would try to pop them.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WDuA9kA0_g[/ame]

of course i have a video :)

Pika is the girl with the stripe almost all the way down with a spot on her side, skittles is the one with the full stripe.

Aww, too cute! I have never thought of bubbles before as a play activity! Skittles and Pika love them! Those videos were so fun to watch! :)

Aww haha those videos are awesome!!
I'm definitely going to try that, I'm pretty sure I have bubbles here hmm.. seems like something theyd definitely love.

So Rizzy has taken to biting the ever living crap out of me... whether she's in the cage or out of it. ):
Ugh I don't understand. My poor fingers. ;_;

During out time she even snuck up on me and bit me. @_@
But then she also runs up and wants to cuddle and be close to me... but she friggin hates the fingers. );

Back