Theia, Pika & Rizzy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they were very fussy and were fed up with being manhandled by the time they got exams. Pika and Rizzy checked out clear but Theias lungs are crackly.
He didn't know if it was myco/uri/lri so I decided we should just start treating.
So all three girls are getting baytril/doxy and hopefully this will fix up Theia and it isn't something worse than a simple uri.

Aw, poor babies hope they feel better soon! :love6:

Aww poor girls. It seems like some are triggered with any type of weather change at all. Give them kisses!

Thanks guys. :)
I hope they feel better soon.
right now they are just sooooo exhausted so it sucked getting the first round of meds in, but hopefully they'll be more awake before & after work when I can give it.

They also gave me something called DMT and said it was an immune booster?

I can't believe Theia is already a whopping 300gs. :lol:

Blurry pictures of fast girls

ydy7uqyq.jpg

Pika is such a sweet psycho she seriously has like split personalities

4u9y2e7y.jpg

Theia complete with blueberry massacre... so glad I have my guards, my walls have much less berry guts on them. :lol:

ata5e8ut.jpg

Theia is just so photogenic :roll:

Nice photobomb! Such adorable little ones. The guards are a good idea, wonder why I never thought of that before...

Hehe yes Theia is very good at the photobombs. She just loves trying to steal my phone. :p
I love my scatter guards! They're a real wall and floor saver as far as messes go. And so easy to clean. :3

su4ymedy.jpg

Theia making her own hammock. :lol:

Out time pictures
puvuzy3a.jpg

made4udy.jpg

teta3epy.jpg

he9u8enu.jpg

vypabyvu.jpg

Looks like one big long rat but is actually two. :lol:

I hate that they only like to play in the morning. Then we can only really play on the weekends cause I have to be at work by 7. ):

Just wake them at night or whenever you get home from work. They will be very happy to play whenever and they have no objections to being on your schedule. Trust me ... They are adorable!!

Nope they wont. Just speak to them first and make sure you dont stick your hand in LOL that is when I get bitten the most.

Well I shall keep trying... Theia actually came out tonight. Every single day since I got them, after work I go in there and talk and watch tv and feed them treats and they dont wanna come out and play. And every weekend I do the same in the morning and they run out and play for an hour or more.

But like I said, Theia dod come out and play for about ten minutes tonight so hopefully I can fix the schedules!

And I do have my fair share of bite marks from waking too early. Sometimes I just cant resist petting their cute little selves. :lol:

Well I shall keep trying... Theia actually came out tonight. Every single day since I got them, after work I go in there and talk and watch tv and feed them treats and they dont wanna come out and play. And every weekend I do the same in the morning and they run out and play for an hour or more.

But like I said, Theia dod come out and play for about ten minutes tonight so hopefully I can fix the schedules!

And I do have my fair share of bite marks from waking too early. Sometimes I just cant resist petting their cute little selves. :lol:

You just have to go in and take them out of their cages.

I use AMAZing food outside the cage. That way they must come out and get it. but as Dsptch said, pull them little buggers outta there!

They don't like eating much when they come out. They just want to run laps around me. :lol:
Anyways, I had no time last night because of that ridiculous storm and being stuck at work so late. I can't wait until I'm not at work for 60 hours a week. ;/
It just devastates me when I go in their room in the morning and they're practically jumping out of the cage and I can't stay and play. :c

Oh, also, they figured out that the pea baby food was medicated. Made it 12 days on that one. Hopefully I can make another +/- 12 days on my new mix (bananas and apple baby food). :lol:

So true! ours are always filled to the rim with rats. Sometimes more than you can think. We had like 8 of their sisters in one pod once it was nothing but rats butts and tails!

Aww hehe they definitely know how to squeeze into the small spots.

They were out today, and all three ended up fitting in a bowtie pasta box. I don't even understand how they managed that. XD

You'd be so proud to see how far they've come, they're all starting to love humans. :)

I knew they would. when I get the babies from pregnancy I can make them amazing. I just had two litters come in two close and I ended up with to many skittish rats. They live in a rescue but always thrive in a home. The ones I have here are doing better though. I can let them out and I can almost pick the boys up without them screaming constantly LOL It is hard with one person and 20 skittish rats. but they are mostly going to homes now. so hopefully the girls will get more homes soon. The boys are almost all gone, but the girls are still here :(

Aw, I hope the rest of them all find loving forever homes!

I saw the comments about the space pods/critter pods and boy, you guys are right...ALL of my boys have always loved their space pod! Something about it...maybe it is because the plastic is smooth and cool against their bodies and they can hang their head out and see what's happening while they chill out in the pod? Those pods are wonderful! My boys finally got too big (fat) to fit in theirs, darn it.

Back