Theia, Pika & Rizzy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velo

Introducing Theia, Pika and Rizzy!!

I finally have my girls home with me. We brought them home from Peggy on Saturday and have had a blast with them since. They're my fast little munchkins, so pictures have been a bit er difficult, but still. :bunnydance:

Theia

Theia, named after the Titan goddess of sight and shining light! She's a total sweetheart and looooves to lick.

theia-80.png

Pika

Pika, who we named after Peggy told us about a rat she had named Pika that was crazy full of energy. Pika was being super bouncy and hyper when we first got her, now she likes lounging and eating Cheerios. XD

pika-76.png

pika3-78.png

Rizzy

Rizzy, we named in honor of our dearly departed Fizzy. She's a scaredy rat. The wild thing is she LOVES the pineapple house (Fizzy always loved them) and chows on leafy greens just as excitedly as Fizzy used to. :love5:

rizzy-79.png

All Together =^_^=

munchkins-75.png

Theia on Top of Rizzy :p

theia-and-rizzy-81.png

They live in the bedroom with us and unfortunately the light in there has like a 0 watt lightbulb in it so without the sun being out, it's pretty dark for my little phone camera. @_@;

Bonus video of the munchkins!!

We now have the problem of going into the bedroom for something, getting distracted by them, then leaving 30 minutes later with no clue what the original goal was. :lol:

My brother came to see them and he goes "WOAH! I thought you said they were babies, those are huge!!!
I laughed for a long while, I guess he'll be surprised when they're bigger. :giggle:

Very happy with my lovely girls. :heart:

Aww such cute girls. Pika was a total riot. Most who where on here when she was alive remember that train wreck of a girl. She was a mess of fun though. Cant wait to see when they get bigger he will freak out LOL guess he was thinking mouse size?

They're such babes.
I think this Pika will be way different, she's had a total change of attitude since coming home. Now she just wants her back rubbed and to be handfed. :lol:
I watched the wall video of the other Pika, that was a riot! :D
I have no clue what my brother thought, I can't imagine what he might have thought had he met some of your big fat boys. :lol:

I think they are comfortable and settled in now... Because they kept us up all night last night, running in the wheel and knocking toys around and just generally being noisy. XD So the bedroom won't be working anymore. Luckily I have an entire extra bedroom in the house with nothing but some pillows and a few boxes that still need to be unpacked... So it looks like I'll have a full Rat Room. :D

I was wondering how long that would work. They run in their wheel all night long and no matter what wheel you have it is still very noisy LOL

Hahaha, yup we were being jaded and had stars in our eyes to have the ratties with us all the time. We thought that since neither of us can sleep without the TV or a fan being on that they would be the replacement TV/fan noise... But nope. X3
I'll be setting up their new room tonight and hopefully get some pics. I think it will be wayyyyy better for out time as the bedroom has too much heavy furniture to hide under. ~_~;

You can use hardware cloth or coroplast to protect the parts you dont want the to bite on. or get into.

Hopefully I won't have to worry about that with this room since it's nothing but storage for old pillows and actually sewing stuff and fleece for rat hammocks. XD
I should grab a hunk of coroplast from work and bring it home though.

I noticed yesterday, they all seem to be scratching a bit more than I'd like. I can't find any buggers on them, unless they are way close to the skin (squirmy little ratties). No scabs or anything... but they're definitely itchy. Do you think I should get some Ivermectin for them or am I just being paranoid? XP

You can get ivermectin they can help you dose it on here. It is very easy to OD them on that stuff so you have to be careful. I use revo here do you know anyone who has some revolution? it only takes a few drops on them.

Hm, okay. I'm not entirely sure it's bugs too, maybe their still adjusting. They do lick their toes after scratching - so that might indicate just grooming?
My vet had prescribed Ivermectin for Fizzy when she had lice so I know it's just the tiniest little dose, although I'm sure I can call and we can get some Revo set up. Think I'll wait a bit and see if the scratching is really that bad and if there are any signs it's anything besides grooming. They were doing it a lot less last night so it might just be my own paranoia. >_>;

I got them in their new room last night and was able to sleep like a baby. :lol:
I couldn't quite get them convinced enough to come out of the cage and into the room on their own, but I'm sure they will soon. I might have to rethink my cardboard box stairs too, they might be too intimidating. XD
ratfloor2-85.png

ratfloor-84.png

And then there's some empty moving boxes and fleece in the other corner of the room. XP

pineapplerizzy-83.png

More pineapple Rizzy. She's getting more friendly with me. :)

ratbutts-82.png

And rat butts! Pika on Theia. Theia is so social and interested in humans, Pika is like "nooooo thanks" but I did get in some good head pats on her last night. XD

Some spoiled rats there. Lovet the room set up! It could be anything. Rats will scrath their sides to "activate" the scent glands. Generally it is boys but girls have done it here too.

Yes they are spoiled, now I just have to convince them to love me, they're still weary I'm gonna be a jerk or something. :lol:

I had that icky Kaytee block food before, cause I was waiting for the Oxbow to arrive. They didn't eat a bite of it (Saturday and Sunday, got the Oxbow Monday) so I guess they know a bad block when they see one. :p

Love the pineapple houses, they're the best. :D
I got mine from Petco but you can get them on places like Ebay and Amazon too I think? It's a Multipet Pineapple House. =^w^=

Just the sweetest girls and they look like they have hit Rattie Nirvana with you! The pineapple house is just adorable, especially with your beautiful Rizzy sitting in it! That is so interesting that she loves the pineapple house just as much as your dear departed Fizzy did. Maybe part of Fizzy is back again with you in the form of Rizzy? :)

Just precious girls you have and I know they will love you more each day! Let us know how things go with them!

Just the sweetest girls and they look like they have hit Rattie Nirvana with you! The pineapple house is just adorable, especially with your beautiful Rizzy sitting in it! That is so interesting that she loves the pineapple house just as much as your dear departed Fizzy did. Maybe part of Fizzy is back again with you in the form of Rizzy? :)

Just precious girls you have and I know they will love you more each day! Let us know how things go with them!

They will get there. They started out unsocial and have come along way. They will thrive in a home though. This is why I wish I could get some fosters for these type of girls it would be so much easier in socializing them.

I am happy to see the pictures of them. Just remember we love pictures. Some where there when I was told it was only 10 and ended up being like 16 babies LOL so it is nice to watch them grow like we have with dsptch911's baby boys.

:lol: Yes they have their own Rattie Nirvana. :3
Fizzy is definitely living on through Rizzy, it's just so wild how alike they really are. Rizzy is more outgoing though. :)
Fingers crossed they like me as much as I like them someday hehe!

They will get there. They started out unsocial and have come along way. They will thrive in a home though. This is why I wish I could get some fosters for these type of girls it would be so much easier in socializing them.

I am happy to see the pictures of them. Just remember we love pictures. Some where there when I was told it was only 10 and ended up being like 16 babies LOL so it is nice to watch them grow like we have with dsptch911's baby boys.

They move forward a bit everyday. Pika still seems to hate me though. She hides behind a litter box while I play with the others. :confused: But when she's sleepy and not so skittery I do try to spend a lot of time with her.

Haha I would be the worst foster, I would want to keep them all. :lol:
Ya'll love pictures but the girls don't. XD They refuse to sit still long enough for them. Although Theia is usually like "wtf is that thing??"
How are their other sisters doing? I keep talking about getting a few more already and Fred just sits there, shaking his head. XD

Youtube did some magic where they lightened up my video and it's easier to see now. I stole some stills off it cause they're soooo cute.
theia2-89.png

ratties2-88.png

ratties-87.png

I made new fleece liners last night, I'll get some pictures tonight when I put them in. c;

If you need a tube of revolution I have plenty
Wow, yes that might be awesome. I don't really know if they need it. I haven't seen them scratching much lately, Theia does a bit more than the others, but she's always licking her toes after so I'm assuming it's the grooming.
I'd buy one off of you to keep around too, I need to start making my first aid kit. :nod:

Theia is a happy girl, she's always running up to lick me. XD
I wish Pika would stop running away and hiding behind the litter box when I come in the cage. Makes me sad. ):

Last night I was messing about with them. Rizzy was letting me scratch her back, when she started wagging her tail.
Then, all three of them just stopped dead in their tracks and stared at the wall behind them. Refused to move at all. So I closed up the cage and found Fred and told him about it. He turned off the TV and we just listened for a minute and heard some thudding.
Turns out our furnace, downstairs, was frozen over (our AC is being fixed again on Sunday) and rocking and thudding. We couldn't hear it upstairs, but I'm guessing the rats could? It's right below them.
Anywho, we turned it off and when I went back to check on them, they were fine again.
So thanks to them, the damn thing probably would have gone into some crazy overload if they didn't get my attention. XD
Luckily, we have a home warranty... I'm hoping they'll just replace the thing this time.

Also, before that! Rizzy came out of the cage on her own accord! She hopped down the steps, sat and stared at the cage, then hopped back up and in. XD She's not brave enough to explore yet I guess, but it's a start. c:

Anyways, some pictures from last night:
1-90.png

3-91.png

4-92.png

2-94.png

5-93.png

:love11:

Back