the "Rats in Pants" ratties!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the softness is in the genes. I have just a few boys who have rough hair. All my girls white or the hooded have the softest hair ever. I just love to feel it LOL

She is a beauty! still confused how you blame me LOL but ya know I can almost see it :)

I still love pews the head sway is the best thing to watch.

kscanuck785 said:
I'm blaming you for giving me the GGMR Peggy, that's WHY!!!! LOL

well I blame Shelagh for the babies so it would snowball up to her? Since she suggested I look for A baby granted she did say a friend, not 8 lol but they were there :)

I do love her name too, I wonder if it's from the Olivia Ballerina?
in any case, it's very fitting for a this little girl :)

well, yesterday, I've made THE sad decision, you know the one we never want to make.... :sad3:
Ruby, Arabella and Biscuit all went over the bridge together. :cry5:

sadly, this means that all my rats from my 1st group, are now all gone :cry:

remaining, are the young ones: Paisley, Jersey, Miss Beatrix and Olivia plus my group of 5 boys.
Hopefully, I won't have to go through any losses anytime soon...

all right, after seeing Peggy (hopefloat) doing her rat room and being all excited, I starting thinking....
hey, I have a rat room too!!

but since moving in our new house, I pretty much got the cages in there, along with my totes, made it work somehow and left it at that...shame on me :(

so last night, I stayed up until 2 am (not unusual for me) fixing the cages and re-organizing things and trying to figure out the best way to make it into a craft/rat room like I used to have in our old house.

the best way for me to achieve this was to disconnect the SP cages and have the girls into one and the boys in another one, versus having double cages.
I only have 4 girls left and 5 boys :)
I laid out the cages to make the best of them so I hope they don't mind too much having less room :)

my batteries were dying so the pics aren't the best :(

here's the cages, temporarily set on totes until I do my counter with storage underneath:
DSCF1362.jpg

nice big window, I'm planning on putting a small glider chair in front of it , to read/knit and spend time with the critters:
DSCF1366.jpg

rat stuff storage behind door:
DSCF1365.jpg

and the stuff I will have to stash away under the counters...LOL
(this is nothing compare to what I had before!! YES!!!!)
DSCF1367.jpg

girls cage with full upper floor, 2nd level shelf, corner litter, igloo, sputnik, ball, wheel and hammock:
DSCF1378.jpg

boys cage with full top floor, 2nd level shelves, igloo, PVC pipe, corner littler and hammock:
DSCF1379.jpg

and it's been AGES since I posted my ratties so here they are:
boys
DSCF1384.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

DSCF1369.jpg

missing colt on the pics...he was downstairs...lol

little side view of Wesson
DSCF1372.jpg

girls
Miss B. who will be 1 yr old on Oct. 26 :
DSCF1396.jpg

DSCF1392.jpg

with Olivia:(she was still sleeping and did not get up to be photographed...lol
DSCF1387.jpg

jersey and paisley
DSCF1397.jpg

miss B and paisley
DSCF1390.jpg

they ate popcorn after the cage clean up...looking messy already...GGRRRR...LOL

well I had mine done in what 4 days or so? LOL So get to it woman! I still love the floors in that house. It is a start so now to make sure you find new cages :laugh4:

You should be ashamed, i have been trying to get kids to move out for a while for a room LOL now I have one.........

You will have some construction to do for your counters to go up, least all i had to was paint. I probably would not have done much more than that LOL

Now I also want to see your decorations in there too :lol:

hopefloats said:
well I had mine done in what 4 days or so? LOL So get to it woman! I still love the floors in that house. It is a start so now to make sure you find new cages :laugh4:

You should be ashamed, i have been trying to get kids to move out for a while for a room LOL now I have one.........

You will have some construction to do for your counters to go up, least all i had to was paint. I probably would not have done much more than that LOL

Now I also want to see your decorations in there too :lol:

yes I AM ashamed...
I know many people who would love to have an extra room for the rats and don't, and here I was with one but not working on making it work properly...
so thanks to you Peggy, you were the kick in the butt I needed to get it done!!
(now, I do not need more rats so don't give me your GGMR again...LOL)

here's part of my old rat/sewing room, I'm going to do something similar, just not L shaped, just one counter on each large wall, and we still have many pegboards so I will install one again for my crafting area. The room I have now and 1/2 the one in the old house...LOL

DSCF1281.jpg

ok, bought a glider tonight, someone I know had one for sale for cheap :)
so nice to be able to sit in the room and relax with the ratties!!
can't wait to have my craft area set up so I can really spend more time in there :)

all right, one of my friend and I, worked on my rat room most of the week end!!
the counters are up and functional, just missing the coverage on it and some curtain panels all around so it looks pretty :)

will post pics later today or tomorrow!

I'm SO excited that it's almost all done and I can start crafting in this room!!
I'm up pretty late at night...1-2 am usually so that's great since the rats are the most active at night :)

Back