The Rat Shack Timbits 18 days old!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow. Thank goodness they are in such loving and capable hands. Just think of these poor kiddos had stayed where they were just another few days.

:bow: jorats, mamarat, morats, nickelrat :bow:

Oh my goodness! I really admire mamarats calm way handling this. At least you have a team of people to care for all these ratties. You'll fall in love with them and it'll be okay.

I'd take April of the baytril and put her on the zithro. I wonder whats happening if she's bleeding like that. :?

April is now on Zithro and she only bled the one time, that was Sunday evening. No bleeding since. She's starting to look like Daizy now.

I keep reading the title to this thread wrong like "April (the month) in the Ratternity ward" kinda like a re-cap of the babies-goings-on in April. Which would have worked. had april not just ended.

so Jo - I was going to go try and figure out what the babies from this litter might be looking like - but i cannt find the website i used to have which had an enormous punnett square (type thing) with the different phenotypes and their dominant produced offspring. and i dont feel like doing it all by hand through actual literature dominance info....

So...any guesses ladies?

I really wish I knew who's the dad or at least what the hairless looked like.

I bet hands down that April is from Petsmart, the rat mill they use likes to over produce pearl merles, minks and lilacs too.
The boys really do seem to be related as well. We have an idiot breeding for Pet Food Warehouse and i believe they used Petsmart females to start off their lines cause the boys looks the same as Petsmart rats. So a whole bunch of wonderfully inbred rats. :roll:

So my guess... all minks. :panic: But like in Daizy's case, she proved me wrong! I was sure they were all going to be blacks or beiges. So really, it's all guessing at this point.

I wonder why they tend towards those colours in their lines...
*Sigh* poor dears....Im going to hope that maybe they belong to the hairless boy. That way they'll have the advantage of hybrid vigor *nods*

I just love guessing colours and then seeing what happens....Whenever my friends or I get a new fosterpuppy we always start a puppy pool for Number, Sex and colour of the puppies - no one gets anything but bragging rites but its always a fun way to pass the time.

Please say hi to Prue and her gang next time you walk past their cage/visit Nic - They are hands down the most gorgeous little rugrats ive ever encountered (besides my own and all the other babies on here of course!) You must die from cuteness overload at your house every so often!

It is a lot of fun... whenever we have anyone visit, they must do the whole building. So far we've had Notamuised, Raindrop and LA come visit the Rat Shack. Anyone else coming north? :giggle:

Hey!! Lets start the guess work!!

I'll start with born on Saturday and 12 babies, umm... 7 girls and 5 boys. Please god, let me be wrong and make it only 6.

I'll say Saturday evening and 9 babies.... 6 girls and 3 boys

Asa says Sunday evening and 20 babies (then says he's joking and guesses 11 babies with 6 girls and 5 boys)

Lets see... tuning in my psychic powers....

Okay I'm saying Sunday Evening, 5 babies. 3 girls 2 boys.

Back