The Rat Shack Timbits 18 days old!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
We've been keeping an eye on April since her cage buddy Daizy gave birth... cause what's to say she's not pregnant as well?

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

April since Sunday has gained 30 grams. Here are the pics, what do you guys think?

April_edited-1.jpg

April01_edited-1.jpg

April02_edited-1.jpg

aprilback_edited-1.jpg

Aprilbelly_edited-1.jpg

Please tell me I'm overreacting!

Oh my god........I would be having a heart attack....I think another bundle of joy (actually many little bundles of joy) is on the way.....

What are you guys going to do Jo!!!!!!.........I can tell you I would be having a panic attack right about now......ok calm down...take deep breaths......I'm talking to myself but feel free to do the same if you need to.....

Her belly is very firm too. She's very quiet and has been building these huge nests, but she's been doing this for the last 3 days so I figured that it was just in her nature to do so.
She also had some bleeding from her urethra so she was put on Baytril. :doh: What now? Should we switch her to Zithromax?
Completely stop the meds? but what about the bleeding? It was definitely from the urethra.

All of us are pretty worried about what to do... except for my mom. She's pretty level headed right now. We should follow her lead... there's nothing we can do now but wait and love them.
Like mamarat said, even knowing full well that they were pregnant, those girls would still have come home to us. They were in a horrible state, they just couldn't stay there.

Of course!!!

There was no other option at all! Follow mamarat's lead, take a deep breath and get through one day at a time.

I love you all for doing this for these deserving girls!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

True....even if you had known they were pregnant you couldn't have left them....none of us would have.....I guess it is no good to panic….you just deal with what comes the best you can…… :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

People should not keep different sexes in the same house unless one sex is neutered......where there is a will there is a way.
I know I'm just starting to sleep good at night now that my boys are neutered...today is 9 days.........

PS....tell the handsome Charlie there is room for him in my cage if he needs a new home......hehehe

:hugs: Oh guys!! :heart: Im so so glad that these girls came to you i know its stressful and shocking but I just dont want to think what would happen to the babies if they were born elsewhere

Awwww this is so exciting!!
Thank goodness there are three households to love all the little ones.
April looks beautiful!

I don't have any answers to your questions, Jo.
But your vet and Debbie D. might be able to give you some info.

Hang in there.
:hugs:

We've switched April to Zithro which is completely safe for pregnant rats. I'm familiar with bladder infections... at this point it's a wait and see. Shelagh helped a lot!!

:gaah: Looks like the Rat Shack is going to be full-force with eepers!!!!!! :gaah: :panic:

Well.... If they were going to be born anywhere, I'm glad it's with you! You have 3 homes in one to take babies and 4 people who can share in the costs of neuters etc. if need be... I'm so happy that you have these lovely ladies and not someone less responsible! Congratulations again!! :hugs: for mamarat :hugs: for morats :hugs: for Jo and :hugs: for Nic ^_^

Back