The Official Christmas Tree Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having a live tree for years we finally brought a artificial tree last weekend, it is nice but I do miss the smell of the pine :)
DSCF9184Custom.jpg

And some of my favorite decorations
DSCF9186Custom.jpg

DSCF9180Custom.jpg

DSCF9178Custom.jpg

DSCF9177Custom.jpg

DSCF9176Custom.jpg

DSCF9172Custom.jpg

DSCF9171Custom.jpg

And Cole and Henry checking out some of the presents
DSCF9211Custom.jpg

DSCF9209Custom.jpg

This is my mother in laws gorgeous tree
She was complaining that this one was smaller than last years! Bah!
CarolsTree2008.jpg

Dad and I chopped ours down on the weekend. : )

n81001377_38544999_3525.jpg

n81001377_38545067_7446.jpg

n81001377_38545073_113.jpg

n81001377_38545199_7621.jpg

I'm finished for the semester so I get to babysit the tree while everyone's in Toronto. It's so thirsty!

Thanks mamarat! :) It's the family Christmas tree farm so we essentially get first pick of the fields! We had to cut this a little shorter so we could stand it up. :giggle:

I hosted a Christmas cookie swap so I decorated and put the tree up on the 5th Of Dec. Gotta LOVE Christmas!! Presents bought and wrapped, baking done, Just waiting on the jolly old fat man!!
My Daughter Stacey( Kumani made these)

Holly happy to see that I decorated her shelf in her bedroom.

Our tree I decorated.

PiedPiper said:
Wow! Your very own Christmas Tree Farm! Talk about going to the front of the line! :lol: Gorgeous tree, Bron!

:lol: It was a lot of fun during the holidays - people would come from all over and would drive in, pick their tree, bring their whole family and dogs and it was overall quite spirited. Dad's getting on in age and can't care for 75 acres on his own anymore so we sold the trees (the land is still ours) but other people come in to maintain them now.

I love seeing everyone's setups! :D

Zooy, that's a huge tree at your mother in laws, beautiful!

Linds and Ang, I love how you have it all decorated with the fireplace too. You two look so lovely together hanging that ornament.

Bron... how very sweet for all of you to be there to decorate. Here, decorating the tree is a one person job, mine. Oh wait, Julien did put up 4 balls. :giggle:

Sharlees, I was salivating here for those cookies, be sure to send me some! :cheeky:
That tree is so sweet, is it real?

Who's got real trees and who's got fake? Mine is a fake one, comes with lights. It had to be that way. I lost the stringed light war with my old tree. I got so frustrated, midway I was always ready and threatening to put it all back in the box. No more... now it's all pain free. :joy:

This year it's a real tree for us. You just can't beat the scent of a real, pine Christmas tree. But we do have an artificial one and tend to alternate between real and artificial from year to year. I guess it depends on hubby's travel schedule - if he's not around much, the artificial one goes up, if he's here - we get a real one! :D

I've only ever had one real tree and I was 7 or so.
Since then we've always had artificial. Mainly because I don't need to buy a tree every year.

My MIL however, has always had real trees and can't imagine going fake.

Finally snapped a photo of our tree! I still want to take some holiday photos of the pets, but we'll see if I can find time to do it. :)

3121050364_0ce44f3c8e.jpg

I took some random close-ups of ornaments as well. I think they look interesting!

3120226105_487f5af32b.jpg

3120226959_bec2bd89dd.jpg

3121052538_1efdc88fe8.jpg

Melissa's ZOO said:
This is my tree. With 5 dogs my only option is one that hangs on the wall. Purple is my favorite color.

DSC04738.jpg

DSC04731.jpg

It's actually made to hang on the wall? That's what I need here with all my cages. That would be so cool.

Back