The Official Christmas Tree Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck finding a barrier to keep your baby off. I went years without a tree because the cats would not leave it alone. This year I get a tree and the ratties will get their own tree. Lilspaz fault for planting the seed on ratties need a tree. LOL

Zooy, what a good idea!

I may wait a few weeks still then before putting up the tree. My 3 older cats leave it alone, it's only Bijou I'm worried about. But she can do enough damage for 4 cats. :gaah:

I to just tie my tree to the wall so it doesn't fall but we also use another trick to keep the onaments on the tree. Because we use a fake tree and the branches are wire we put the ornament on and fold the tip of the branch over onto the hook or string. This way when my cats do deside to play in the tree they can't knock ornaments down and take them to there toy hiding spot. I'm still looking for missing ornaments they got before I started this trick. It sure is alot harder to cat proof a tree than it is kid proofing it :gaah:
lol don't think my tree will ever see a glass ornament again.

Vixxie said:
I to just tie my tree to the wall so it doesn't fall but we also use another trick to keep the onaments on the tree. Because we use a fake tree and the branches are wire we put the ornament on and fold the tip of the branch over onto the hook or string. This way when my cats do deside to play in the tree they can't knock ornaments down and take them to there toy hiding spot. I'm still looking for missing ornaments they got before I started this trick. It sure is alot harder to cat proof a tree than it is kid proofing it :gaah:
lol don't think my tree will ever see a glass ornament again.
Then you get my cats who even though we fold over the branches, they bat them until the top falls off!!

Since it was a blizzard day yesterday, I decided to put up my tree!

Here's the tree:

xmastree22008.jpg

And my Christmas teddies:

xmasteddies.jpg

And of course, the new kitty, Bijou being naughty. Don't let that look fool you.

Bijouandtree.jpg

We need to set up our tree still... My mom keeps saying she wants to do it, but the rest of my family thought she was crazy wanting the tree up in November. At least its Dec. now!

My biggest concern is about having a puppy in the house with an X-Mas Tree... At least we can baby-gate off the tree if we need to. The last thing I need to see is Nova tearing up the tree and presents :roll: Knowing Nova, I bet you she would... Everytime I look at her she seems to have found something to put in her mouth.

wow I guess I never realized how lucky we are at one point we had 4 kittens and a puppy and we never had to worry about our tree....now that the cats are older they just like to sleep on the tree skirt in amongst the presents and the dog doesnt bother at all....I dont know what I would do if I couldnt put up a christmas tree :sad3:

Nice trees! We had a big dump of snow today, so that gets me really in the mood for Christmas.

Jack Sparrow, do you know whether there will be Ratatouille ornaments for sale by Disney?

Dewi said:
Jo I didn't realise you got a new cat. Bijou is gorgeous... did you name her after your rat?

I did... and rightfully so, I'm pretty sure she used to be a rat in an other life. lol. She makes a run for it and jumps on my shoulder and will just sit there, I can walk around the house and do dishes with a cat on my shoulders. lol She loves paper towels, she finds them and sleeps on them, she loves the fleece cubes and all the rat toys too. :giggle:

I got my Charlie Brown Tree yesterday, and its not quite what I want, but we make do here. :giggle:

Before...
Xmastreebeforedec13.jpg

and after...so far :roll: Now lets see if the rats can actually climb in this one. :cheeky:
2008Xmastreedec14.jpg

and here are MY stars....:lol:
2008Xmastreestars.jpg

Back