The Official Christmas Tree Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooy

So it's the time when people start putting up trees or thinking about it. So I'm going to get the thread started.
Here's ours. Put up November 8th.
tree2008.jpg

My star. This was given to my Dad by my grandma and stupid me broke it the year dad passed it down to me when I was drinking.
Star.jpg

Dad in recent years has a bird tree. But there was a dove on his tree that Grandma passed on to him. So here's my tribute on my tree to my Dad and Grandma.
bird-1.jpg

And our first Christmas living together, Mike bought me this.
PreciousMoments.jpg

NezumiNeko said:
What? I put mine up like 2 weeks before Xmas, sometimes even less. You're crazy. ;)
You have to be crazy to work where I work. It gives me something to focus on.
I'm just waiting for my hand crafted Christmas tree to disappear off my door.

It's beautiful, Zooy. I love the little story that goes with it. If I didn't have so many cages my tree would be up too. I love Christmas time.

I love your tree and your special ornaments. If I wasn't so lazy, mine would be up too. I'm thinking of putting mine up the first week of December.

You both have such beautiful Christmas trees! :D

I like putting up Christmas decorations, but I HATE taking them down. If things were left up to me, my Christmas decorations would probably still be up in May! I haven't put up any of my own decorations in a few years because I'm constantly moving around. When I finally settle down somewhere again, I'll finally have a chance to unpack my decorations. Just before the start of the following summer, I'm sure someone will come and take it all down for me! :cheeky:

I get no tree this year...new apartment and christmas is tough for the roomie, who lost her kids because of her ex-husband, so no tree for me.

I AM in the process of making a rat-angel tree topper for a friend though, and a few rat hand sculpted ornaments, when I finally get them done I'll see if she'll take pics for me.

Beautiful trees, I would like to get a tree up earlier but we have a live tree so if we still want it looking nice at Christmas is has to go up later. I would like to buy an artificial tree but my daughter wont let me :lol: next tree will be her last year living at home so I will get one then :)

wow.. beautiful trees.. linds and i are going to get a real tree. so it will only go up closer to xmas.. so it still has needles xmas morning lol.
we did pull out the decorations tho.. and put up some window removable stickers..

a bunch of us girls in my row at work are excited for xmas.. so we have a tree up at the back of our row against the wall so its not a fire hazard in the call center..lol.. and we started decorating it .. looks pretty.. got mixed reactions for decorating it so early.. several pepople said "but its not even rememberence day yet?!" to which we replied.. "well thats not a very fun holliday to decorate for and celebrate . ".. they then said "true" and walked away confused ...lol

anyway linds and i will take some pics of our decorations once they start going up.. we dont have much ...linds and i wanted to start fresh with our decorations.. were going to make a tradition to buy eachother an ornament of some sort every year..

I am going to put my Christmas tree up next week. Smokey, Alessandra and Toulouse will be coming over and help me doing it.

My Christmas tree is an all Disney Christmas tree as 100% of the decorations are licensed Disney ornaments coming from various sources. I have some rare collectibles items in my tree. Here are some pictures from last year that I am just going to put on this thread (too lasy to wait and take new pictures).

My Christmas tree came with the lights already in it and it rotates which means I need to have decorations all around the tree. I still have a hard time finding a place for all decorations, I have so many.

If they look identical, just look closer and you will realize that you don't always see the same decorations. I have been rotating the tree to show different decorations in it. I tried to take some pictures of the tree with the lights on but I dont know if we can see anything.

First some pictures of the whole tree.
DSCN4379.jpg

DSCN4380.jpg

DSCN4381.jpg

Now pictures showing some of the decorations in the tree.
DSCN4382.jpg

DSCN4383.jpg

This is made with a real egg shell and they used an authentic Disney toy to put in it. It has to be true Disney as I do not buy fake. I bought this at an art and craft show.
DSCN4384.jpg

DSCN4387.jpg

DSCN4388.jpg

DSCN4389.jpg

DSCN4390.jpg

DSCN4391.jpg

DSCN4392.jpg

DSCN4393.jpg

With the lights on. Hopefully we can see it. The tree rotates when I turn the light on so the pictures might not be so clear.
DSCN4385.jpg

DSCN4386.jpg

Finally I put one of my collectors item beside the tree to show how tall it is. My Stand-up Jack Sparrow poster is life size so about 6 feet tall. The tree is taller. We can also see the skirt of the tree which is Bambi.
DSCN4395.jpg

DSCN4396.jpg

Every year my nephews love to play a game where they try to find a decoration that is not a Disney one. Even if they know they are all Disney, they still try to find some that are not.

If anyone else has a theme tree like mine, it would be interesting to see it.

Well that was quick. I need to go buy a new tree... the cats broke the tree stand so bad the tree won't stand up. So new tree pictures today? Possibly. Oh yeah, and they broke the bird.

Flippin' cats... But fitting they'd go after the bird. :/ Sorry about that Zooy!

Linds, good looking tree!! :D

I can't wait to put ours up. I'm holding myself in until the 1st, but then it's ON. I tend to go a little crazy with the decorating and the music and the cookies and all of that... Once I get to going ain't nothin' stoppin' me! LOL. I :heart: Christmas!

I'm using the one I had in the dorm last year for the ratties, and also so I can have a tree in my room. :) Woot!

I was hoping we'd get picks of the famous Disney tree!!

Zooy, that's my biggest worry, since bringing in a new kitten, how will my tree fair? I must think of a barrier!

Jo, last year my dad rigged my tree up with eye hooks and wire. This year in our new apt it has concrete walls and I for the life of me can't screw stuff in so I got some of those hooks that apparently stick really well... 3m makes them I think. And attached those to the walls, and wired the tree up.
So far the new tree hasn't come down and I caught Morgan in it the other night.

Back