The Movie you will definitely not see thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a lot more racism and even free violence in old Disney short cartoons. The Mickey Mouse cartoons are as old as 1928 (Steamboat Willie). In these old days, there was not as much awareness about these things. There are some free violence and racism in some the Silly Symphonies as well. The three little pigs (a classic) is a perfect example where we have both.

The Disney princesses are more and more multicultural. It is not just that beautiful blonde with long hair and blue eyes. Snow White has black and short hair.

However, I find that the Disney movies lately are beginning to have more violence again. That's too bad.

I hate how Twilight is a huge fad.
I read that book like, 2 or 3 years ago, and i liked it.

Now everyone has Edward Cullen t-shirts and backpacks and everything.
wtf.
why can't people enjoy a book and not obsess over it. Now a lot of people won't read/watch it because everyone ruined it.

AND.

Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift ?!?!?!??! I LOVEEEE that movie.
I swear, i watched it like, 17 times.

The Village is one of my favourite films aswell. I can watch it a million times and not get bored, same with Fight Club :heart: The Hangover was pretty funny too. Had a better story to it than i originally thought it was going to.

A movie i am refusing to watch atm: Crank 2 - high voltage.
The first Crank was AMAZING and they should have left it at that! but no.2, no thank you! The storyline just sounds absolutely ridiculous. My brother loved Crank and went to see Crank 2 and said it sucked royally

Okay Snakes on a Plane was worth the watch just because it was hilarious. Really out there and dumb but I laughed so hard. And the stiletto to the head?? EW MAN.

Samuel L. Jackson, you are my hero. LMAO

The SAW movies.... just :panic:

Race to witch mountin... I'm trying to convince myself to put it on my queue, but I just don't want to see it :?

Kung fu panda... I really don't even want to give it a chance!

There are alot of movies I wish I had of had the sense to not see but very few and none that I can think of right now that I wont see.

As for the Hangover I thought it was going to be stupid but my bf dragged me to it and I ended up laughing my butt off the whole time. I also really liked the Village, The Notebook and Tokyo Drift.

I find it really interesting to see how different everyone's taste in movies are.

abazoo said:
The SAW movies.... just :panic:

Race to witch mountin... I'm trying to convince myself to put it on my queue, but I just don't want to see it :?

Kung fu panda... I really don't even want to give it a chance!

The saw movies are AWESOME. :heart:
and Kung Fu Panda is sooo cute.

i won't watch fast and furious tokyo drift either. absolutely love the other three, own them all, went to theatres to see all several times. paul walker is one of my favorite actors... :bow:

i can't wait to see 9! that looks good.

and i swear if i told my bf how everyone was bashing Terantino he would demand me to stop coming on here. :giggle: i wanted to see inglorious until he went and said it wasn't good. pulp fiction is on my list of movies to see.

i'll continue avoiding the "scary movies" series as well as the "american pie" series...

and i never read twilight, didn't see it, and was annoyed that everyone was obsessed... so i didn't see the movie... until about 2 months after it came out, and now i can't wait for the new one. i'm not obsessed, i just liked the movie. but i can tell you that i'll be avoiding the new twilight movie until it's been in theatres for about a month. bc i'm not sure how much i can take of people screaming anytime edward's face is on the screen, or yelling things... :rant:

There's no way I'd watch Borat or Bruno I hate movies like that. I don't see the point in paying for comedy movies at the theater either. For me a theater is for movies that have action and excitement.
I can't really think of any other movie I wouldn't see I'm sure there are a few just none come to mind besides those two.

Any remakes or prequels ESPECIALLY Rob Zombie's Halloween(s), Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre(s), The Child's Play remake, the Hellraiser remake, the Pet Sematary remake, and MOST DEFINATELY NOT the Nightmare on Elm Street remake that's coming out next year. :sad3:

There's probabley more, but there's just so many damn remakes these days it's hard to keep track. I LOOOVE classic horror and it kills me everytime one of these remakes comes out and people think that all horror movies are like modern horror. At least with the classics, there was a sense of class about them. More importantly, there was A POINT, sometime subtle, sometimes not...anyways, I could go on for days about this so I'll just say that the originals of the above-mentioned are some of my favorite movies.

Also that new Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr that's coming out soon...It looks like it's trying WAAAAAY to hard to be entertaining (and still failling horribley I might add) while simultaniously butchering the character and atmosphere of the books.

^^ Omg, the new "Halloween" they did (Whatever it was called... "Halloween, the Beginning" or whatever) is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. It frightens the beejezzus out of me! The original never got to me as much as the new one did.

But any of the other remakes I am not into. Are they making a remake of "Child's Play"?? That was my first scary movie!

Yeah, but the thing with modern horrors is that they rely on "jump-scares", which is great for seeing it in the theatre for the first time but they don't have great rewatch-ability. It's like, once you know he's going to jump through that wall it's not scary anymore. Another thing modern horror relies on is the gore and violence, which, if you aren't bothered by that, isn't scary at all so much as just gross. The classic horrors, on the other hand rely almost soley on storyline and suspense. Suspense, as opposed to "jump-scares" is still suspensful no matter how many times you see it.

My younger sister is 14 years old, used to tell regularly how much scarier the new movies were then the "old ones". She used to watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake because it was "so hardcore". But then, one night she realized that she knew where all the jump scares were. She sat and watched the part where he comes through the roof of the van completely unphased and said "You know, this doesn't scare me anymore". But, just last week, we sat and watched the original Halloween and all during the scene where he chases the girl across the street, my sister was flipping out "Oh my God! Run faster! No! No! Don't waste you're time at the Neighbours! They're gonna ignore you!! See, I told you!!! Just RUUUUUUN!!" She does this everytime we watch this movie, and we have watched it tons of times.

I LOVE Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween!
I also love his other movies too.

I really like "jump scare" movies. It's only way I really get scared during a movie, thats when it's awesome.

Old horror films don't scare me.
Not now anyways.
When I was 8 years old? Watching IT? BAD IDEA.

Although I'd love to see that movie again, now.

Back