The "I promise" thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I panicked this morning. We live in a duplex in the upstairs and Waynes mom youngest sister and brother live downstairs and Waynes mom had a nutritionalist coming over to talk to us about proper diet for his mom (she had a massive heart attack in May, has diabeties and high cholesterol, and a reflux disease and she's on a strict diet so we got some help and realized we were doing the right thing anyways YAY - that's also because when she was in the hospital we were stealling on the little menu slips that came with her good :lol: ) Anyways our place was a mess and so I cleaned like crazy when I remembered at 10am she was coming for 11am.

Only to find out she stayed downstairs :roll:

Oh well upstairs is 'tidy' not clean though. I have trouble keeping things clean.

My promise after I get home from work tonight is to do laundry... must do laundry as I am going away this weekend. This is going to be the first time Wayne and I have been separated in a year. WOW.

Oh, I know what you mean. I have SO much trouble keeping things clean. I think its because I can be bored at the same time I'm doing something, and cleaning is definitely bordom-central.

Cleaning is my destresser! You know how I'm feeling by judging my room/living area. If it's a disaster I'm feeling fine, if it's spic and span, worry. :lol:

You've gotta try this pasta...

Tomatoes, lettuce, olive oil, and brie mixed in with penne. Served cold. :) There's some marinating in there but I've yet to write down how my mum makes it, lol.

LA, you just reminded me how much laundry I have to do before this weekend. Crud. Crud crud crud. Need to start that now.

I promise to wrap gifts tonight. This Monday, we are celebrating multiple birthdays, my dad's 64th, my brother in law's 40th and my son's 18th.
It's party time... but first, lots of wrapping.

jorats said:
Did you have to wrap?

I'm all done!
No, I was raised in a family that doesn't celebrate holidays and I still don't. But it's ok, everyone understands and they don't spite me for not getting gifts, lol.

Back