The age old question - FN or no?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the girls are all loaded into their new home!
and they havnt stopped moving for me to take pictures

I was joking with brian about being able to fit a pet monkey in there - but now i realize that i already have 3 pet monkeys....i just didnt REALLY realize it.

They seem pretty happy, and if they're happy. im happy. :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

I will post pictures after the exam tomorrow.

the bar space is wide - but we covered the cage in hardware mesh (1cm/1cm wire mesh) so the girls cant get out. In one of the pictures you can see Brian measuring the mesh to attach to the cage sides

Yea i looked at the picture afterwards...and was like "yea - you cant really even see the mesh.."

But its there :)

[youtube:joxjeaaw]HyyS4LjROpI[/youtube:joxjeaaw]

So heres a video I shot this morning just as a warning, I flip the camera sideways about 1/2way through...because on my display it rotates...but in real life...not so much lol so maybe this isnt for the weak stomached :giggle: I took some pictures of the snuggling but I think the video shows the cage a little better :lol:

So heres the Age Old Question;
To FN or not to FN?

because. honestly. that cage is a best to clean. and it kinda smells like rusty ferrets...because we got it used (not that i mind the smell of ferrets ON ferrets...but....its not so plesant when you dont actually have ferrets in your care...)

So, i was thinking about getting a FN 142. New.
Which will be pricey. but with working summer hours i have more money.
And it would be easier to clean. and not so scrachy/painful as the doors on this current cage with the hardware mesh (because there are wide boarders around the doors...not so much on my current cage...)

So. is it worth it? Because, Im really thinking about it.

That and With the bottom being raised up it means Huxley cannot watch them obsessively - he doesnt bother them but i dont trust him 100% with the current set up (which isnt really a huge problem because hes crated or with me with the bedroom door closed...but still)

I am personally waiting for the RN (or CN) to come.

As for my cage that is right on the ground, I put coroplast around the bottom. I'd think a cardboard barrier would work too if you're only concerned about blocking too much interest from Huxley.

When the RN comes out, I'm most likely going to be switching to that one. The FN is wonderful but not for girls or babies. I HATE having to modify it cause it's a pain to clean. But for boys it's the best.

Yea...i thought about waiting for the RN too....

BUT WHEN IS THAT COMING?!! man....sometimes i dont think im 21.... more like a 4 year old

eesh. I HATE waiting for things!

Back