The age old question - FN or no?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityratt

We're picking up our 'new to us' cage tomorrow!!!
50$ used prevue corner ferret cage!

Tres excited! because once the boys get snipped then they can all live in the hugemungous house! ... it'll have to wait until post-op before it can be set up because we just dont have room in our room for the boys baby cage and then the huge cage but still!

TONS of room for the 5 of them. and then we have room should there be an emergency intake situation. ;)

I'll totally take pics once i have it all set up - with the girls being so tiny im going to have to cover the non-wall sides and the top (dont want any escapees running around with the puppy and all)

But i'll let you know how it goes!

its here its here!! and its HUGE and we bought hardware mesh....

it needs to be washed, its a little icky on the bars....
but it was unassembled so ill wash it before we put it together....which may be interesting because there are no instructions....ah well

brians a millright he can figure it out ;)

paying hommage to red green - hopefully i wont have to resort to the handy mans secret weapon - duct tape! (because we all know how long that would last!)

HAHA!!! I LOVE that show! I hope you don't have to use Duct tape as well, :laugh4: but it would be hilarious! Just use zipties, LOL!

ok. this may sound potentially stupid.
We assembled the cage this afternoon in the living room (just to look at it, we're going to have to disassemble it and move it upstairs then set it up again - good thing its easy!) But it is HUGE. massive big, i think its 34X34 and 54 inches high (beaing in mind that its not quite square but STILL). I was going to put the girls in there alone until the boys are snipped but....can cage ever be too big? There'll be 3 of them in there.

it may be a smidge barren until we get some more stuff but they'll have hammies and branches and toys and stuff so it wont exactly be EMPTY...

the thought just kinda crossed my mind...i didnt want to freak them out or something because they had TOO much space you know?

I don't think there could ever be too much space.
BUT, when adding rats together, both groups going into a brand new cage makes for easier intros and living together. Both sets are so busy exploring their new cage they will hardly notice new buddies.

So I took some pictures of the cage so far....its still a work in progress because we ran out of hardware mesh. which is awesome. :smiling:

Bri working away while i buggered off with the camera...
IMG_1303.jpg

Tess got freaked out, and then 'supervised' from the top of the stairs
IMG_1301.jpg

"Dis all for ush mumma??"
IMG_1309.jpg

Obviously S can fit through those bars - so the kids wont move in until everything is modified....but OH SO EXCITED!

Bri was a little hesitant at first, but once we got it put together and he grinned at me "They're gonna love it!"
:love7:

um, i think its 34 inches by 34 inches with a bit off the front (coz its a corner cage....so the one corner of the cage has been lopped off, kinda hard to explain)

The height is 52-54inches? i cant remember which, but if i stand inside it without the top on i can just peak my nose over it...and im 5 foot even so ;)

Back