Syra and Poor Shade Arrive from Pickering. 03/21

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well 18 days later, and Shade is 100 grams more...from 176 grams to 276 grams as of today. She has all her fur back, she is carrying a good weight for her, her tilt is always there but she's no longer sick, she's active, she's agile and happy. Plus she is a real black rat again. :yelcutelaugh:

18 days ago
oct2Shade2.jpg

Now
oct21Shade4.jpg

oct21Shade3.jpg

18 days ago
Shade3.jpg

Now
oct21Shade2.jpg

15 days ago, her butt shot
oct5bootypicsShadeandSyra.jpg

Now
oct21Shadesbutt.jpg

And she fully endorses the new flavoured Oxbow Regal Rat :D
oct21Shade1.jpg

Wow, what a difference. :)
Have either of them had any medicine? Sorry if I missed any posts, I can't remember if these girls were sick or just on a bad diet?

Rachael said:
Wow, what a difference. :)
Have either of them had any medicine? Sorry if I missed any posts, I can't remember if these girls were sick or just on a bad diet?

Shade had inner ear infection and went on baytril when she arrived.

Silly Shade! I saw her acting very strangely, like she had something stuck in her mouth...listened to her lungs...clear. Flipped her on her back and opened her mouth and found purple thread stuck between her top incisors. Took a few tries but got it out. This is when I noticed that 3 of her 4 front teeth are white. Poor little malnourished beastie. Now we can watch to see if it changes in my care or always stays white.

Shade is now downright chubby...she gets her belly poked regularly LOL I weighed her 12 days ago and she was 310 grams... :shock:

dec11Shade1.jpg

and she really gets into her grooming...she leans up against things but eventually topples over onto her back with her hind feet splayed...and keeps grooming LOL

dec11Shade3.jpg

dec11Shade2.jpg

And then Syra visits us...yep the sibling rivalry is still going strong :giggle:

dec11SyraandShade.jpg

Oh man, my heart jumped in my throat when I saw there was an update, I was scared it would be bad news.

She is looking AMAZING. They are so sweet together.

Well I went back and looked at the first pictures of Shade when she came into your care, and all I can say is WOW! She looks like a different rat. I think she won the rattie lottery when you decided to take her in. She looks FABULOUS!

And that picture of the two sisters cracks me up!

Its amazing what a little TLC will do for a very sick rat. Not surprised by the progress based on the new mummy she has. :D

Back