Syra and Poor Shade Arrive from Pickering. 03/21

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Shade having an ear infection and food going off could have had a mite outbreak as well, causing the crummy hair condition as well as potentially being anemic from all the parasites feeding on her. We've seen it with bad cases of lice, why not mites? All she's needed is some abs, some revo, and some good food to bring her around :)

Moon said:
So, Shade having an ear infection and food going off could have had a mite outbreak as well, causing the crummy hair condition as well as potentially being anemic from all the parasites feeding on her. We've seen it with bad cases of lice, why not mites? All she's needed is some abs, some revo, and some good food to bring her around :)

She got the revo once she arrived, and she's getting the rest now...we just need to will her to get better...

lilspaz68 said:
Rats have a normal population of mites, but when exposed to more (infected bedding, another rat), OR when their immune system has been compromised, a flare up or infestation can occur. Maple, I doubt your wee girl has an active mite outbreak, she may just need her back toenails trimmed. Oldies aren't very accurate with their scratching, they just aim in the general direction and hope. :giggle:

:thankyou: Spaz & fenshae , I was just getting ready to call the vet for Revo. You saved my rattie as well as my pocketbook.

Good to see Shade is improving and with a little more time, we all hope she will bounce back to what a happy rat should be.

Videos tonight since Jenny is down... :mrgreen:

First one is Jenny's attempt at making Shade look like a wobbly drunk

And then my version of Shade and the Puffs.

:giggle:

HEY wheres todays update. :cheeky:
lilspaz68 said:
Oldies aren't very accurate with their scratching, they just aim in the general direction and hope.
You have such a way with wording things, everytime I think of this I laugh!

Maple said:
HEY wheres todays update. :cheeky:
lilspaz68 said:
Oldies aren't very accurate with their scratching, they just aim in the general direction and hope.
You have such a way with wording things, everytime I think of this I laugh!

I lost access to the pics on my camera, so last night's bandaid was the videos...I still have some pics and updates to do tonight, now that I have a working card reader again.

Since I am at work, I will give you your update...I bet they are fast asleep in their Sputnik, waiting for the Puff Provider to come home :laugh4:

last night's pics :)

Syra and Shade
oct5ShadeandSyra.jpg

Booty comparison...
oct5bootypicsShadeandSyra.jpg

Pretty Syra taking her treat
oct5Syra.jpg

I was stroking Shade and she flattened right out right away :D
oct5iflattenedShade.jpg

She loves sleeping cuddled up in the blanket and will go from enjoying my touch to all of a sudden very worried...she's a sensitive girl.

oct5shadesleeping.jpg

oct5Shaderesting.jpg

She loves her puffs as evidenced by the frenetic behaviour in the video...

She'll even lean her back on me to be able to reach that puff, otherwise she wobbles like a drunk...smart girl!!!
oct5Shadeleaning.jpg

And she can pull very hard
oct5Shade1.jpg

But after all the excitement she passes out again and her sister Syra watches over her. :heart:
oct5SyraprotectingsleepingShade.jpg

Aw... but asides from the passing out after the treats and excitement, she's doing better?

This is just the most priceless sister picture ever:
oct5SyraprotectingsleepingShade.jpg

I'm sending that one to my sister. :)

M0onkist said:
Aw... but asides from the passing out after the treats and excitement, she's doing better?

Much better, you can tell. A long way to go, but there's some meat on her little bones, and a lot of spunk in that girl. :thumbup: Still working on healing her psyche, and this could take longer than her physical ills.

Oh Sheesh! She is cute :love7: I'd have to watch the videos again, but I swear she looks just like one of the newer residents here! Dizzy...gotta find my phone with the pics on them! :? Is she as long bodied as she looks? I have shorty like ratty girls and then the 'french girls, Dizzy & Angele' are real long and skinny (taking care of that every day)!

She is only long-bodied because she is soo malnourished...you could feel every bone under her thin skin a few days ago...she should continue to gain weight and body condition slowly as her inner ear infection improves and she continues to eat well. :)

Just one pic tonight...I was actually taking pics of the meeting between Syra and Shimei...I think Shimei will end up Alpha in this group :D

But Shade got really really comfy, and the picture just begged to be taken. :lol:

oct7Shade.jpg

Back