Sterling's Rescue Doors *Open*!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just lost my dear sweet Delphi girl. I think it was aggressive PT. She was vibrating right before she passed like an attempt at bruxxing but seemed painful.
She had been doing OK but over the last few days has deteriorated quickly probably feeding from my stress, I've grown closer to her while she was sick. She became more of a people rat. She was always quite the cage body but more recently was a lap rat.
I took some pics while we were snuggling tonight. One was seconds before her last breaths.
e7b38820157d559df1e7eeca1ddf5a2b.jpg

b4c7036f641086441ecf5da10a408970.jpg

7f972a3c8d55a3a32a76c44a78052733.jpg

RIP my sweet lady. Your old friends are waiting for you at the bridge!
I'll miss you so much.
I'll post a memorial when I get through the pictures and choose ones I want to use!!

Thank you all! You have no idea how much this forum means to me you are an extension of my family!

Aww, I feel the same way about all of you too, Sterling. This is such a great support for everyone here I think. You guys are all my extended family too. My fellow rat moms and dads and a super place to feel like you have friends and yes, a support system. :love6:

Just lost my dear sweet Delphi girl. I think it was aggressive PT. She was vibrating right before she passed like an attempt at bruxxing but seemed painful.
She had been doing OK but over the last few days has deteriorated quickly probably feeding from my stress, I've grown closer to her while she was sick. She became more of a people rat. She was always quite the cage body but more recently was a lap rat.
I took some pics while we were snuggling tonight. One was seconds before her last breaths.
e7b38820157d559df1e7eeca1ddf5a2b.jpg

b4c7036f641086441ecf5da10a408970.jpg

7f972a3c8d55a3a32a76c44a78052733.jpg

RIP my sweet lady. Your old friends are waiting for you at the bridge!
I'll miss you so much.
I'll post a memorial when I get through the pictures and choose ones I want to use!!

Oh no! I am so sorry Sterling! And you caught photos of her right before she left. She was such a beauty and her face is so sweet and peaceful in those pictures. She left being close to you, and happy. I know she is at the Bridge right now, being greeted and groomed by so many friends and relatives. She was beautiful. :flowers2:

Thank you all so much for your kind words.
I have a bit of relief knowing she went in my arms and now I know she won't have to go through the stress of the move with us and can be buried with her best friends.
Kevin has made a promise to me that when Dita or Smoosh goes they may come back to rest beside their friends.

PLEASE I need help. The foster home I had is unable to keep the 7 boys and now the number of rats is uncomfortable for my Mom and she doesn't want anymore then 4 cages coming. That leaves me in quite a bind.
I am keeping one small group of girls that I had gotten before I was really a rescue and always intended to keep them.
As well I have groups of boys that I am very attached to.
If anyone can help by taking a pair to a group of boys please let me know!
There are the 3 big boys Remy, Bannock and Silver (14 months)
The group of 9 Rubbermaid feeder boys are back together and can go in groups of 2+ some are very bonded pairs.
As well as Wally & Yoshi and UB and Ollie.
I am definitely keeping Odin, Boots and Tyrion as they were my boys from day 1 and intended for me to keep.
I would like to keep the nakie baby boys and the black boys but if a fellow rescue can take them I would only be willing to give to a member or highly trusted friend of a rescue member.
Please help I don't know where else to take these boys! Even if just til I get back on my feet in a few months!
I know photos help!
Remy
437ae5a400e5b21e50307615de9214ec.jpg

Bannock
16a00bb63ffb3a9bcc3c930f13c709cc.jpg

Silver (yes he's a big boy, the others are also that big!)
2a372933977ece181ce53f174a63abcb.jpg

Various Rubbermaid boys
64a4344dfa25e5cbfeb147660842af5d.jpg

c1fd222ee3719ae08f64e93da7f073b6.jpg

79d10d1c42bdffa38c0fe396797c2a03.jpg

f5460167fceaab0616a24e39ab8affdc.jpg

I can transport them as far as Toronto and anywhere between...I am taking the girls next week to Toronto.

Last edited:
I would have offered to help temporarily if they were girls but unfortunately I can't take such a high risk and foster boys. I am really sorry that the foster home fell through. I wish you the best of luck.

Also wanted to say sorry for your loss with Delphi. She looks so sweet in those pictures. I'm glad she won't have to go through the move and now she's with her friends resting peacefully. I hope you are doing okay. I know you have a lot going on right now.

Ok Minnie has found another rescue available to take 12 of the boys.
I will take pictures today and anyone here that is interested may take whom they want first.

Sweet miss Pheobe passed on to the bridge tonight. Poor old lady! Sad I wasn't home but glad she passed in a warm house, with her sister next to her and she had been enjoying every bite of good food while she could. Especially the baby cereal and mushed foods.
Now to decide what to do with her dear elderly sister.
Poor thing was so skinny and sick when I got her here I did all I could and I know that. Its likely just all the other emotional stress right now but I'm so full of guilt for her.

She was in a warm and safe environment with someone taking care of her when she passed. I think you did more than enough. It must be hard with everything going on right now. I'm sorry for your loss. She's in peace now.

RIP Miss Phoebe...
Don't feel bad about her passing. We can't be with all our little ones when they go.
You said it yourself - she had a full belly and a warm bed and her sister to keep her company. I'm sure she was quite content. :heart:

Sterling, I am very sorry about Phoebe. :(

But Joanne and Trihkal's posts both said the same thing I was thinking...Phoebe passed away warm, happy and loved, next to her sister. I am sure you are grateful that she passed so peacefully. :redbud:

Today was a bitter sweet day...I did the trip to Toronto to take 8 boys and 16 girls to be with other rescues. Minnieflower you are an angel! I know my ladies are in good hands and until now I hadn't cried until now while I write this.
My boys have a great place to live with Trish and John who are wonderful people! They boys were instantly comfortable. Even grumpy old Bannock!
I have Boots, Tyrion & Odin still as well as the 4big boys Wally, Ollie, UB and Yoshi and my nakies Kreiger and Doyle, and the black brothers Diablo, Zig and Batman and Kanunu my pearl boy.

Back