SQ had ankle surgery: daily tasks are a major challenge

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

She's at the ER with a badly damaged ankle. Probably from the car accident. She was in pain but could walk until noon today.

Her rats' meds will be taken care of, but the trip to the border on Sunday to hand over the fosters is very unlikely to happen.

SQ could use a few healing vibes and prayers about now. Please send lotsa!

Ohhh no!!! How bad will the surgery be? Please tell us its "routine" but even then it will take such a long time to heal...poor poor Holly. :sad3:
*healing vibes* *healing vibes* *33k3kllllllll* (that was healing vibes from Melvin)

Time to get the extra extra healing vibes going! I can absolutely sympathize here - fell down the stairs January 2012 and my ankle is STILL bothering me - today has been a bad day and looks like a return to the orthopedic will be need. I certainly hope her's heals better than mine is.... Healing vibes on the way from us.....
:heart: :cuddle: from Vickie :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Al :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Curley :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Kona :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Bumbles :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from GMC :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Finn :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Throttle :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Axe :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Popper :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Peanut :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Snickers :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: from Grumpy :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: and from Oliver :cuddle: :heart: :heart: :cuddle: We hope you get better soon!

Oh no! I hope its not too serious of a procedure. Poor girl. Sending tons of warm thoughts and healing vibes from me and the boys :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

oh no I am so sorry to see this!! sending healing vibes and hoping she's got a really good ortho surgeon. Ankle injuries seem to be especially tough ones, even with the best surgeon.
praying for a speedy recovery and good pain meds
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I hope to see her this evening, and I will pass on all your good wishes. I hope that nothing happens to delay the surgery, because she is in a lot of pain. Sounds like her ankle is in bad shape. She will be in a cast for six weeks.

Ratties were doing OK, though they seemed puzzled not to see their mama. Linda is doing the morning meds.

You will be pleased, but not surprised, to hear that SQ was coherent enough (even on the pain meds) to give detailed instructions about where the meds were, how much of each medication they needed, and how to identify the rats. She has three PEWs on meds and a couple of hoodies who are hard to distinguish from their sibs.

I will keep y'all posted.

That accident was a while ago silly girl shouldnt of sat in pain for that long! Hope she heals fast!

Geez Holly has rotten luck lately. I hope all goes well. Let me know if you guys need any help.

Is someone going to be able to take the babies to St. Stephen for her?

Lindsay, nobody will be able to take the little rats to St Stepehn for her. I will get the MRR contact info from her once she's come to, so that I can let them know it's not a go this weekend. A real shame, but nobody here can do it.

Just spoke to her mom. SQ had the surgery and is still in Recovery room. Her mom will see her once she's out, early this evening. I'll give an update tonight. Will see her mom when I go to take care of the rats and get some details. I don't think they'll send her home until tomorrow.

Back