SQ had ankle surgery: daily tasks are a major challenge

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your feedback.
My surgery was May 24, so almost 2 months Joanne
I have 2 metal plates, bolts and pins, and it is hurting around the metal plate that can be seen in the xray I posted.
I'll call my gp tomorrow as the other dr didn't return messages in the past.

thanks again

I saw my doctor today.
Apparently my leg bones could not have been broken in the car accident because the accident wasn't bad enough
I would have needed to be crushed under a car to sustain this much damage .... so does that mean it didn''t happen and my leg/ankle is fine since that was the only trauma I have sustained?
Also being very limited in my ability to walk is what is to be expected this many months after such extreme trauma ... trauma that was apparently caused by walking down a hallway because the car accident wasn't serious enough.
.... this make sense to anyone????

edit: bone density test came back and everything is good. Bones are fine/good.

SQ said:
I saw my doctor today.
Apparently my leg bones could not have been broken in the car accident because the accident wasn't bad enough
I would have needed to be crushed under a car to sustain this much damage .... so does that mean it didn''t happen and my leg/ankle is fine since that was the only trauma I have sustained?
Also being very limited in my ability to walk is what is to be expected this many months after such extreme trauma ... trauma that was apparently caused by walking down a hallway because the car accident wasn't serious enough.
.... this make sense to anyone????

I would normally say no, but my future mother in law broke her ankle last year simply by standing. Stress fracture? Hope you get the answer and feel better.

Sorry, just doesn't make sense to me ... if the accident wasn't bad enough to cause a break or a stress fracture ... how could normal activity be bad enough?

Back