Sophie - She's Gone :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LA gave me a great idea ..make baby cereal with ensure & add whip cream! ..Sophie LOVED it.
She has been sleeping alot today, but she has also been up alot ..if that makes since ..I think she looks good :mrgreen:

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

She is so cute. I love that picture of her peeking out of the blanket. Is she gaining weight now? I like to give our rats the baby cereal with some mashed up frozen fruit in it, they love blueberries in it, i use the fruit juice for the water, and add a little. it s super messy though.

She has gained 2 grams ..not a lot ..but it's some :)

I don't think she will ever overcome whatever this illness is ..so I have to spoil her while I can ..right now shes happy, loves food and still somewhat active ..I hope she stays with us for Christmas ..and a long time after that too ..but it's up to her, she'll tell me when and who knows ..she may surprise us and get better :) :heart:

I think Sophie might have mites???

She has been itching alot, and has a scamp under her chin!
None anywhere else tho

The only thing I have here is ivermectin ..

xxchelle said:
Mites may cause weight loss, respiratory infections, etc. in rats with lower immune systems.

Should I treat her with the ivermectin?

Vet is closed until monday for Revo

No one else is scratching, nor have scratches under the chin.

But I also have juno here, who is only 8 weeks.

It's spot on.

Ivermectin Inj. 10% diluted to 1mg/ml

0.03 ml per 100 gram body weight once a week for 3 weeks, applied to skin.

Mites usually affect the ones with weaker immune systems first. In an entire cage, sometimes only one will show mite symptoms.

Whenever I see signs of bugs I treat everyone, yes. But I couldn't tell you the dose for Ivermectin, I've never used it, my vet doesn't like it.

i can get revolution tomorrow, I have the girls from the vet on Facebook, one of the girls can get it for me tomorrow, even tho they arnt open!

Back